cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i configure the ePO Console to show Disk Encryption Status withing the System Tree for easy sorting, I.e 'Active' or 'Inactive'

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some assistance on getting basic information listed in a way that convenient for me and not having to click in through many levels to get an 'Active' message.

When looking at my machines from the System Tree, i've attempted to modify the columns with more relelvant info, such as whether a machine is encrypted or not. A simple Yes or No would suffice.

At the moment, i am having to click into a system and go through various click before arriving at the Disk Encryption Status as either 'Active' or 'Inactive'.

Does anyone know how i can enable this basic information in a column from the System Tree? This is through EEGO and not Native Encryption.

This would help me out greatly with my deployment!!

Best,
D

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
seanomalley
Level 7

Re: How do i configure the ePO Console to show Disk Encryption Status withing the System Tree for easy sorting, I.e 'Active' or 'Inactive'

Jump to solution

Add column 'State (System)' under 'Drive Encryption - Systems'

0 Kudos
7 Replies
seanomalley
Level 7

Re: How do i configure the ePO Console to show Disk Encryption Status withing the System Tree for easy sorting, I.e 'Active' or 'Inactive'

Jump to solution

Add column 'State (System)' under 'Drive Encryption - Systems'

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Excellent, thanks for your help Sean.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Sean, After checking some of the machines from the System Tree, the option you suggested to add is only to show the state of the Encryption Components once installed. The Drive Encryption State can be active, I.e the encryption components are deployed and reporting back to the ePO but the disks can still be showing as Decrypted.

0 Kudos
seanomalley
Level 7

Jump to solution

Good point.

I would think in this case, it's not possible to display the drive encryption state in the system tree as it's possible you would have 2 disks in a machine, one of which could be encrypted and the other not.

It's not possible to display contradicting values in one column...

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

You could be right about that, It would be nice if you could add a column for each drive, C:, D: etc and then having the encryption status but the interface is not designed very well for that level of customization.

I've managed to put together a custom query that shows the encryption status of every machine in each container. Something like this:

Encrypted

Container 1:                    100

Container 2:                    250

Decrypted:

Container 1                     20

Conatiner 2                     34

Encryption in Progress

Container 1                     3

Decryption in Progress

Container 2                     7

From there i can drill down, export and manage a little easier.

Best,
Darren

0 Kudos
akosikikit
Level 7

Jump to solution

HI Darren,

I'm keen to know how you were able to put this report up as i have the same challenge.  Furthermore, the system (state) values ranges from Inactive, Active, Decryption in progress, Upgradeable, and Unknown, none of which details what it really means.

Hope you could share how you did it.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Please go to "Queries & Reports" option in ePO and click "New Query" button. Configure a new query with following settings:

Step 1 (Result Type):

Highlight "System Management" under "Feature Group" option on the left panel. Then on the right panel, highlight "Managed Systems" category.

Click "Next" button when done.

Step 2 (Chart):

Under "Summary" category, choose "Multi-group Summary Table". Define the following values:

Values are : Number of Managed Systems (also select Show Total box)

The labels on the bottom section are located under "Drive Encryption" (Something like "State System"). You can add multiple labels as need and sort them. Find your desired labels.

Step 3 (Columns):

Here, you will have some basic columns automatically selected. You can pick and choose other columns as you see fit. I'd recommend adding the "State System" column here located under Drive Encryption category.

Step 4 (Filter):

On the left panel, again click on "State (System)". Now on the right, change "Comparison" to -> "Value is not blank".

Click the "Save" button to save this query and give it a meaningful name so you can re-use it in future with just one click.

Once you are presented with the chart, you can click on individual categories and numbers which will then show you specific systems.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos