cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I upgrade my Desktops and Servers to the new 5400 engine in EPO?

How do I upgrade my Desktops and Servers to the new 5400 engine in EPO?

What is the best practice for doing this?

Has the been any know problems with the 5400 engine?

Regards

6 Replies

Re: How do I upgrade my Desktops and Servers to the new 5400 engine in EPO?

Hello Spooter,

autoupdate (post of 5400 engine to autoupdate site) will happen somewhen in November (maybe subject to change) as far as I remember. If you want to test beforehand, you can download, Windows Engine Package for use with ePO from here: http://mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/engines.asp?region=uk&segment=enterprise

Once checked in to your master repository the new version can be deployed using an agent update task i.e.

Further info can be found in the McAfee Knowledgebase: KB66741

Hth,

Kontchr

AutoUpdate date for the 5400 Engine is November18th and has been publicly announced.  You need do nothing on that date, if Engine updates are allowed in ePO just like DAT updates.

Gordon

If you download the 5400 Engine ahead of time, you can manually check it in to EPO. If you check it in to an Evaluation Repository you can test it on a limited install base first, otherwise check it in to "Current" - your Auto-Update Tasks should upgrade your clients if you have "Engine" selected on the configuration page in the Auto-Update Task.  I have been running the 5400 Engine in my environment for about a month now, installed on over 5,000 devices.

I've got it on 10000+ workstations/servers and no issues.  I was actually suprised how seamless it went.  Generally with a large environment you'll generate a call or two whenever you preform an update.  I got nothing and it solved issues with MA 4.5 and VSE 8.7 P2 (Timing out on scanning cookie files).

tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 7

I also ran 5400 out to more than 15000 clients and it has been very painless, it seems to be the best engine rollout I've had so far,

Thanks for your replies all.  Gives me confidence.

Did you notice any memory improvements?  I.E. Does it make VSE perform any better on low performance machines?