Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sw41
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

How do I disable Product Improvement Program in EPO 5.10

I used to have this disabled and still have the policy here but now it is checked enabled and grayed out.  How do I disable the Product Improvement Program?  When I go into the policies, they are checked enabled and grayed out so that I cannot change them.  

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
2 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: How do I disable Product Improvement Program in EPO 5.10

Hi sw41,

Not sure I follow you sorry!

If I may, you go to server settings and this optionis active and greyed out?

pip.JPG

Assuming I understand you correctly, you are logged in as the main ePO admin or not?

The 'PIP' module is part of the MA extensions, what versions do you have in your ePO server?

A removal of extensions to then re-add them could/would reset this, but as this ii the MA that is a little extreme, and although we can preserve Policy and task etc for a product (MA included) this is a little more than I would consider is done at this time.

Are there any load errors for extensions (MA) reported in ePO (Orion.log)? A restart of ePO servers noting the time of the restart to then inspect the log might shed some light on this.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: How do I disable Product Improvement Program in EPO 5.10

Have you installed the latest agent extension?  If so, that removes the product improvement extension, which renders the policies in the grayed out state or you may get a notice that the extension has been removed.  There is also a known issue that 5.6 hotfix 1264214 resolves where the PIP is unexpectedly enabled in server settings page after upgrading the extension to the 5.6.0.207 build. That can also result in unexpected deployment of pip software to endpoints.  See kb90993 - known issues kb.

So, first update the extension for the agent to the hotfix and if that doesn't resolve, re-check in the telemetry extension and then disable it.  You can find it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Extensions directory.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community