Did you mean: 
zuku
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

How could I exclude singe system from client task

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have synced my domains OU with EPO, on "My Organization" I have assigned my client task with NSE install, so all systems are affected by inheritance. Let's say I have on single PC in sub-OU and I want to exclude it from this installation. How could I do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Re: How could I exclude singe system from client task

Jump to solution

In addition to all the other suggestions, you can simply select that machine in epo, actions, agent, edit or modify task on single system.  Click on edit assignment for the desired task, then break inheritance and disable the task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Thussain McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting your query

I understand that you have assigned the client task at My Organization. I would suggest you to kindly assign the task to the subgroup in which the systems reside rather than to my organization. So that task is invoked only on machines in that particular subgroup

Clcik Menu
Select Client task Catalog
Click on the New Task Button
From the drop down that appears, please select product Deployment and Hit OK
Provide the Task Name
Select Windows as the Target Platforms
From Products and compoents
Select the the product and in Actions select Install
Then hit the SAVE button

Now Assign the task to the single computer or the group.
Start Agent server communication on the client machine
Task should reach the client machine and installation should start

Client task assigment.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
zuku
Level 8
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

I have only one deployment task with NSE install, and every computer should be affected (excluded one), so why I have to link this task to every machine? SO if I have 300 PC in 5 OU, then I need to assign this task to every 299PC and omit this one?

Thussain McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

You can create a separate group for this one PC and then assign the client task to all the other subgroups except this one, where you do not want to deploy the product. 

In ePO we do not have the option of excluding one system from the client task deployment.  

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!
AdithyanT McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @zuku 

I love this question! Thanks for posting this one! I hope the idea below suits your requirement here. Please let me know what you think.

Tagging: This is will be an excellent option to use. Based on the linked KBA, you will be assigning a "tag"to that 1 or selective endpoints. You can assign tags manually by selecting these or based on any criteria as well. This should help the ePO to identify these machines under one hood without really having to move these endpoints to a different group or modifying the group/OU structure.

• Now once the required machines are tagged, here is what you can do. Please select the Group (probably My organization) if you want the task to be run on all the endpoints except the tagged ones.
  • Now please click on Assigned client tasks tab.
  • Now click on New Client Task Assignment.
  • Here you get the options to select the required task based on the product(you can also create a new one if you want!)
  • Now, under Tags, select the option that says Send this task to only computers which have the following criteria.
  • Now kindly select edit under And has none of these tags: and please add your newly created tag here.
  • All the other options are configurable as how you would do for a normal task assignment such as selecting a schedule, enabling or disabling the task, etc.
  • Once the task is saved, this would ensure that the task can run only on those machines that DO NOT have the mentioned tag.
Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
cdinet McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

In addition to all the other suggestions, you can simply select that machine in epo, actions, agent, edit or modify task on single system.  Click on edit assignment for the desired task, then break inheritance and disable the task.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

zuku
Level 8
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

and this is the simplest solution, so I did it.

thanks.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community