cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkazi
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

How can i install McAfee agent 5.5.1.342 on windows xp ?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is there any way to install McAfee agent 5.5.1.342, Endpoint security or Virusscan on windows xp ? 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Re: How can i install McAfee agent 5.5.1.342 on windows xp ?

Jump to solution

The agent versions can be mixed in your environment, that doesn't matter.  The extension managing them in epo is backward compatible.  You would just check the 5.0.3 agent in master repository (I would recommend a separate branch) and push it out to your xp clients.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

You can install VirusScan up to patch 6.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

You probably won't find it on the download page - you might, but just in case, I will send you a link for it in private msg.

Was my reply helpful?

9 Replies
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

XP is no more supported.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

First refer to KB51111 - supported environments for VSE.  XP is kernel 5.1, so you can install only up to p7 for VSE on it.

If your operating system is not listed
This managed product is supported based on the NT Kernel version used by the operating system, rather than the operating system (version) in question. For VSE, this support breaks down as follows:

• Windows NT Kernels 1.x - 4.x are not supported.
  • Windows NT Kernels 5.x and 6.x are supported by VSE 8.8 (General Availability) Patch 7.
  • Windows NT Kernels 10.x are supported by VSE 8.8 Patch 8 and later. IMPORTANT: Check the comparison chart to determine which patch version supports the proper build of Windows 10.x.

KB51573 lists supported environments for the agent.  That lists xp tablet can use up to 5.0.4, but in looking back at previous versions of that kb, normal xp systems (32 and 64 bit, only up to 5.0.3 ma version was supported.  So those are what you can use if you can't upgrade the OS on those systems.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

On thing about that is that if anything goes wrong, the OS is no longer supported, so any support would be minimal and best effort only.

Was my reply helpful?

mkazi
Level 9
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

I'm using McAfee agent 5.5.1 now. Can i have multiple versions of agents ? How ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

The agent versions can be mixed in your environment, that doesn't matter.  The extension managing them in epo is backward compatible.  You would just check the 5.0.3 agent in master repository (I would recommend a separate branch) and push it out to your xp clients.

Was my reply helpful?

mkazi
Level 9
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

I was able to install the McAfee agent 5.0.3 on xp system but what product should i install to protect those systems ?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

You can install VirusScan up to patch 6.

Was my reply helpful?

mkazi
Level 9
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

I already have virusscan 8.8.0.1982 in my software manager. Do i need to download virus scan 6 beside that and checked into a different branch (previous) and push it to the xp clients ?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

You probably won't find it on the download page - you might, but just in case, I will send you a link for it in private msg.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community