cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAS59
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

How can i initiate a immediate scantask after plugin jumpdrive ?

Immediatly after plug in a jumpdrive (e.g. USB Datastick) it needs to be virusscanned.

How can i create a task to do so ?

4 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Re: How can i initiate a immediate scantask after plugin jumpdrive ?

This looks like an FMR.

If you have Autoplay enabled, then when windows enumerates the files in the background - the On Access Scanner would kick in. While this is not the same as a scan of all files and folders (since Autoplay would only enumerate the first four level of folders looking for media) this is as close as it gets to what you are asking.

Of course, if you were to access any of the files in the USB drive, the On Access scanner would be around anyways.

MAS59
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

autoplay is disabled due to company security policy, therefore only the OAS works.

but the same company security policy says, "immediate scan before use "..

will be this solved in the next version ??

on 11/11/09 6:31 AM
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Sorry if  I was not clear in my earlier post - what I meant was that you need to file an FMR - Feature Modification Request. Since this is a request (and not a defect that needs fixing) for functionality that is not currently in the product.

FMRs are reviewed by the Product Management but do not necessarily make it to the next release of the product. For details on how to go about submitting an FMR, please refer to KB60021

MAS59
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

thanx

an FRM is submitted...

looking forward to a solution..