cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I create a deployment package for a Mac using the EEDK?

I am attempting to create a package that can be delivered to Mac machines using ePO.  I have not found much in the community or on other searches.  Are there resources available on how to get this done?  Thanks!

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." ~Proverbs 15:1
Labels (4)
8 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: How can I create a deployment package for a Mac using the EEDK?

What type of package?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

It is a .zip file that was provided by one of McAfee's SIA Partners that can be deployed to endpoints using ePO. 

The .zip file contains several .pkg files, and one of each .sh, .mcs, .xml, and .z file extensions.

I am familiar with packaging the vendor's Windows client in EEDK, but not familiar with the Mac side of things. 

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." ~Proverbs 15:1
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

I don't believe you need to use eedk.  Have you tried checking that zip file into the master repository?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

I can check it in, but for our Windows client, we create a package with EEDK that will stage run a script (.cmd) to disable services, add registry items, have the McAfee agent collect props, check new policies, and enforce policy, as well as creating logs for the install/uninstall processes.  Not too sure the entire process for Mac, just getting into them.  Still working on collecting info from the vendor as well, but wanted to try and get a head.  

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

The agent product guide has command line options for the agent, be it Windows or other non-windows os.  Other than that, it would appear some of what you want to accomplish might need MAC admin guidance.

Was my reply helpful?

loblaw
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Guys,

I have build a reboot script for MAC with help of Script tool on MAC. Now i wanted to leverage EEDK software to create a package which could be deploy from ePO in order to reboot MAC Computer. The script extension is .scrpt. I could create ePO deploy-able package, however it didn't kick off on MAC Computer.

Need help in understanding how i should create EEDK package. I essentially concern about "Command to Run" section. Do i have use setup.exe or something which would work on MAC.

Thanks

Rabindra

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 9

What are you putting in the command to run section?  Have you put just the name of the .scrpt file?  Support for EEDK is typically through the tools, McAfee open source forum.

Was my reply helpful?

loblaw
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

I had tried putting .exe which didn't work because my reboot script was to run on MAC OS. I did try .SCPT, .SH. None of these file extension helped me. 

Question:

Does it required sudo chmod +X?

Rabindra

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community