cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How adjusting the Agent policy to only allow connections from the ePO server ?

Jump to solution

Good afternoon

Using a scan tool, it was identified the following message:

McAfee Managed Agent 4.6.x <4.8.0.1938 / 5.0.x <5.0.1 Log View Clickjacking (SB10094😞 Upgrade to McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 3 (4.8.0.1938) or 5.0.1 per the vendor advisory. As a workaround, it is possible to partially mitigate the vulnerability by adjusting the Agent policy to only allow connections from the ePO server."

I wonder how:

1. Upgrade to McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 3 (4.8.0.1938) ?

2- Adjusting the Agent policy to only allow connections from the ePO server ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How adjusting the Agent policy to only allow connections from the ePO server ?

Jump to solution

To add patch 3 into your repository you can either get it from Menu > Software Manager, or you'd probably have to login to the McAfee Portal, download, and import into the master repository.

4 Replies

Re: How adjusting the Agent policy to only allow connections from the ePO server ?

Jump to solution

1. Upgrade to McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 3 (4.8.0.1938) ?

Add 4.8 patch 3 into your master repository, then create a client task from within the client task catalog for the install of it. Then assign that client task at whatever node you want to deploy it from. I would advise reading through the product guide if you arent familiar also. https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/24000/PD24333/en_US/...

2- Adjusting the Agent policy to only allow connections from the ePO server ?

You'll need to modify a setting in the McAfee Agent > General policy, see screenshot.

Jump to solution

Good morning

I checked the settings and adjusting the Agent policy to only allow connections from the ePO server is already enabled. Thanks for the tip. Where do I download the McAfee Agent 4.8.0 Patch 3 and how do I add 4.8 patch 3 into your master repository?

grateful

Highlighted

Jump to solution

To add patch 3 into your repository you can either get it from Menu > Software Manager, or you'd probably have to login to the McAfee Portal, download, and import into the master repository.

Jump to solution

Good Morning

Great ! Thank you.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community