cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host isn't getting AMCore DAT updates, but according to logs the client task is running

Hi, I have a machine that hasn't been updating its AMCore content regularly like it should be. There is a client task applied to it from the top level that should be updating the content daily, and though agent logs seem to indicate that it does run and returns successful, ePO and the about page show it as out of date in ENS. I've tried to re-install the agent a couple times but it seems that it still isn't completing this task properly. Haven't had this problem on any other hosts so far.

Here is what I think is the applicable part of the agent log that looks out of the ordinary, took out times for clarity:

masvc(4848.3968) scheduler.Info: Next time(local) of task ENS_Client_AMCoreEPDAT: 2019-07-31 13:32:00
masvc(4848.3968) scheduler.Warning: validate weekly date failed, changing begin time
masvc(4848.3968) scheduler.Warning: Old Begin time(2019/4/18 13:0:0)
masvc(4848.3968) scheduler.Warning: New Begin time(2019/4/20 13:0:0)

Is this warning of significance/could it be causing the task to not complete correctly even if its returning a success info message when it does run?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee Hawkmoon
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: Host isn't getting AMCore DAT updates, but according to logs the client task is running

Hi markgarza,

What you describe I feel might be one of two things, maybe both!

What Agent(MA) version do you have please?

Can you check to see if you have in enabled the 'Run Missed task' option?

If you do , can you disable this option and verify operation afterwards.

Going back to MA version I'm going to guess and say you have MA 5.0.x (possibly 5.0.6.220) which has had a selection of updates(hot fixes) released for it since that build, many of them deal with task (and policy) operations.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: Host isn't getting AMCore DAT updates, but according to logs the client task is running

@Hawkmoon The agent version is 5.6.1.157. The "Run missed task" option is not enabled for this client task. Thank you for your prompt response!

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Test also with creating a new task to see if there is an issue with that task itself. If that doesn't work, you can go through this to see if any of this info helps. https://community.mcafee.com/t5/ePolicy-Orchestrator/HOW-TO-TROUBLESHOOT-CLIENT-UPDATE-DEPLOYMENT-FA...

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Some further info: upon looking at other machines and logs, it seems that a few other machines have similar problems but I'm not sure if they are recurring or eventually fix themselves, the one I originally questioned about is reoccurring for sure.

I compared logs for a machine that successfully updated and one that has not since 7/24, a difference I notice in the non-updating machine is this log message:

masvc(3116.4804) Updater.Info: Updater session started for initiator type=1, task id = <1998>.
masvc(3116.4804) Updater.Info: Updater engine exited with exit status as -1073741800 and term signal 0.

On a successful update, there are several messages preceding this between the update task starting and it ending from compatservice.info and msgbus.info whereas on the non-updating machine there are only messages present from Updater.info. On the successful machine as well, the exit status code is 0 and term signal is 0. In both cases, the task returns as successful regardless of the difference in exit status. 

I am relatively certain this is the same situation of the original machine in my first post, but I re-installed the agent again so I have no log files to check through to confirm my suspicions. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Please open a ticket with McAfee. We need to determine why the engine is exiting like that.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community