Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Help with creating a custom ssl certificate for ePO console

Trying to follow KB72477 (how to generate a custom ssl certificate for use with ePO using the openssl toolkit".  However, I am getting this error when tring to input the unsecured key and p7b certificate. The certificate that we are creating is SHA-2. Does ePO support SHA-2 as I think I saw a thread mention that you would need to be in FIPS mode?

We use InCommon for are SSL certificate authority.

I have tried to follow all the openssl commands listed in the KB72477. Does anyone know what is up and has successfully use a custom certificate?

2 Replies
hanoe
Level 9
Message 2 of 3

Re: Help with creating a custom ssl certificate for ePO console

I am using a custom SSL cert (SHA-2) for ePO 5.3. Our cert team told me that we use:

1. unsecured private key (can be encrypted in ZIP file)

2. signed certificate chain contained in .P7B file format

I was not successful in generating a CSR following steps in KB72477.

Hanoe

Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help with creating a custom ssl certificate for ePO console

Did you get similar problems following that KB724477. Can you share the steps that you did to get it to work? We don't have a cert team at my place of work as it is me who can issue SSL certs via InCommon.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.