Did you mean: 
davien
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Help with Epo cloud and windows xp

Jump to solution

Hi

I need some help after migrating from security center to the Epo cloud and apologise if this has already been answered but I couldn't find the answer anywhere?

We've recently migrated and so far so good and it looks like I've got loads to learn but first I need to make sure all our clients are moved over to the new service. This is where my issue starts.

We've got some clients still running Windows XP and server 2003 and every time I try to install McAfee endpoint protection I get the error agent could not be installed. Now I have learned this is because the agent being installed is version 5.0.4 and it's not compatible with windows xp however this is the only agent version I have in the master repository of the Epo cloud.

How do I install an earlier version of the agent? Any help is much appreciated

Davie

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Help with Epo cloud and windows xp

Jump to solution

Hi Mcoffee,

I believe davien has got a ePO cloud managed version of Endpoint security which does not have an option to check in the packages.

ePO cloud is not supported in XP and 2003 . Saas 6.0.3 is the only option for win xp and 2003 but it has already reached its End of Life.

If his Security center account is valid he can install the Saas 6.0.3 from Mcafee securtiy center(mcafeeasap.com) because Security center will be valid for 60 days only from the date of migration From Saas to ePO cloud.

Still he can contact Tech support for further assistance.

6 Replies
mcoffee
Level 10
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Supported platforms, environments, and operating systems for McAfee Agent and...

That will confirm the agent version I believe 5.0.3 is the one you want for XP.

To get the older agent you will need to log in to your portal - Download My Products Login | McAfee Downloads and log in with your Grant number. Once logged in it will present you with a list of products you are licensed for and you can download from there to then Check-in to EPO for you to deploy.

-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Mcoffee,

I believe davien has got a ePO cloud managed version of Endpoint security which does not have an option to check in the packages.

ePO cloud is not supported in XP and 2003 . Saas 6.0.3 is the only option for win xp and 2003 but it has already reached its End of Life.

If his Security center account is valid he can install the Saas 6.0.3 from Mcafee securtiy center(mcafeeasap.com) because Security center will be valid for 60 days only from the date of migration From Saas to ePO cloud.

Still he can contact Tech support for further assistance.

mcoffee
Level 10
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Ah my apologies, I had a similar discussion open which wasn't the cloud managed version, got my wires crossed whilst replying

-------
If my answer helped you, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Jump to solution

No Issues.

davien
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the confirmation I needed disappointing as it is. The computers still have the SaaS 6 from Security center installed on them at the moment until I come up with another solution. I'll speak to McAfee tech support in the meantime as it is disappointing that the cloud doesn't have the option to install agent version 5.0.3

Thanks for your help guys

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

@davien,

Given the input/responses, can we assume this thread answered?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community