cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help required with EPO 4.0 Dashboards....

Hi again guys,

Hope I'm not becoming too much of a pain on here! I'm trying to get everything sorted on my server to roll it out everywhere as soon as I can now but feel like I am a world away!

Current issues:

EPO Compliance chart - what does this actually mean? What is it telling me?

VSE: Version 8.5 Compliance - This shows 1 compliant, 142 non compliant. Most of the non compliant machines are fine because they are still communicating witht he old EPO 3.6.1 server. However, I have a limited number of machines working with this new 4.0 server. I have installed an agent (with force install ticked) from the new server to replace the old one, removed the VirusScan 8.5i installation and then reinstalled VSE 8.5i.

Am I doing anything wrong there? As far as I am concerned, the machines i have done this with should be showing up as compliant, shouldn't they?

Help!
5 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

RE: Help required with EPO 4.0 Dashboards....

8.5 compliance
Displays the current McAfee anti-virus software compliance based on DAT, engine, and service pack version.

so should have 8.5 with latest patch and engine and dat to be compliant, and to have reported this fact back to EPO.

if you drop into the report it should be evident why machines are non compliant

No that's fine, I understand that part. It's the EPO Compliance one that I don't know what it is for.

I'm convinced the VSE 8.5 compliance is broken though. You see, the only one machine showing as compliant.... is the vista sp1 machine with just patch 1 installed, not patch 5 which is the current patch. Why on earth would EPO think this machine to be compliant above the ones that DO have the correct patch and DAT?

Further to the above, I have just looked at a machine that has the latest DAT (5269.0000) and the latest patch, yet it shows under non compliant.... What gives?
tonyb99
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

on the epo compliance one have you enabled the server task to pull in the epo compliance data??

I normally find seperate charts for DAT and engine are a bit more useful (That may just be me)
but in automation "Generate Records for Compliance History Reporting" needs to be run to ensure its accurate (As described in the last few posts)