cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Sql Server 2005 Express Update SQL Server 2008 Standard

hello
sorry if I'm making a post which does not belong, I'm from chile and I have a ePO server and am using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express, the problem is that I have almost 5000 nodes and what I have understood Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express only endure me that much .

I am no expert in SQL Server but I made ​​backups of the DB EPO and communication key settings I have exported all.
Currently I have SQL Server 2008 Standard and would like to install to avoid problems but do not know what to do next.

like if u can help me with this problem please as I am currently having problems with slowness in the EPO server and SQL errors when opening the EPO console.

The operating system installed on the server is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2

Thanks ..

mtreupil.

mtreupil@pjud.cl

2 Replies

Re: Help!! Sql Server 2005 Express Update SQL Server 2008 Standard

I would start by first

think of it as upgrading any componnet inside the ePO server

1. make sure you disable all your protections on the ePO server if its the same as the DB server if you have it

2. Get some of the requirements mentioned on this link

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/21000/PD21813/en_US/...

.3. I would say use adaptive policy or learning policy for the applications and firewall to make sure that you dont have an issue then push what you find in to a policy master policy

good luck

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Help!! Sql Server 2005 Express Update SQL Server 2008 Standard

hi,

You can install SQL Server 2008 Standard as an additional instance (apart from the SQL Express instance which is hosting the ePO database). Then its a matter of using SQL Server Management studio to connect to the Express instance, backup the ePO database and restore the backup copy to the new SQL Server 2008 instance. Finally, point ePO to use the SQL Server 2008 instance (http://localhost:8443/core/config).

There are several KBs in the McAfee Knowledge base which describe the steps to backup and restore the ePO database.

Hope that helps.