cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Regarding ePO 4.5 on Exchange 2013

Hi Guys, I've just deployed  Microsoft Exchange 2013 with Mailbox Server, CAS and Edge Server (which is in DMZ). I'm looking to deploy Anti-Virus for my Exchange virtual machines. Could someone please guide me the best practice to deploy Ant-Virus on Exchange VMs or is it just like any other Windows Server machines? Do I need to enable some GroupShield for Exchange 7.0.0?

I'm using the following products for my ePO Server.

McAfee Agent =  4.5.0.1270

McAfee ePOlicy Orchestrator  4.5

McAfee VIRusscan Enterprise  8.8.00000

Please help.

Regards

5 Replies

Re: Help Regarding ePO 4.5 on Exchange 2013

Hi,

You need a bit of upgrade in your organization.

EPO 4.5 is not supported anymore for McAfee since last December, so you should upgrade to EPO 4.6 or 5.x. The same with McAfee Agent that you should upgrade to 4.6, 4.8 or the one McAfee released yesterday 5.0.

For Groupshled you can deploy MMSE 8.0 (that is the new name for the old grouplshield)

VSE 8.8 is correct and fully supported. DO not forget the exclusions for Exchange 2013 for VSE 8.8

Best regards,

Jose Maria

Hi, I've upgraded my environment to ePO 5 and also Pulled In latest VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 package. I've also installed ePO 5 agent on my Exchange 2013 environment running on Windows Server 2012. Now my question is.... What would be best approach to secure my Exchange environment including Edge Transport Server, CAS and Mailbox servers. Shall I install VirusScan Enterprise on Exchange Servers or do I need to deploy MSME 8.0 as you suggested.

The main purpose is to secure my Exchange 2013 Environment though I've configured anti-spam/content filtering on my Edge and Mailbox servers.SE

Also if I do install VSE 8.8 what do you meant by "DO not forget the exclusions for Exchange 2013 for VSE 8.8"?

Can you please give me some examples of what exclusions do I need to add in VSE.

Please suggest

Regards,

MQ

Can someone please guide?  Cheers

hem
Level 15
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the help. I'll look into it.