cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

Has anyone starting deploying the 5301 Scan Engine and has seen any problems?

We have started test deploying the incremental 5301 Scan Engine via EPO. We have deployed it to about 40 systems and so far have not seen any major issues. The only one minor issue was one system that needed a reboot to accept this new engine as it kept failing.

Has anyone else deployed this engine and seen any problems?
8 Replies

RE: Has anyone starting deploying the 5301 Scan Engine and has seen any problems?

I installed when it first came out, not seen anything yet........
Highlighted

RE: Has anyone starting deploying the 5301 Scan Engine and has seen any problems?

We have it on ~500 machines. No issues.
I'm going to deploy it to the remaining 1500 machines today.

The only differece I've seen with engine 5301 is that it enables Artemis detections, is there any other difference with 5300?
twenden
Level 13
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for all your encouraging updates. I have just started deploying to ALL my EPO managed systems. It seems to be installing without any issues so far.

Good luck twenden.
It's better to do this off hours. Our clients were pretty busy (high HDD activity, some CPU and memory spikes) for ~20 minutes.

-----------
twenden what's holding you from upgrading ePO to ver 4? Just noticed you still on 361. I'm preparing for the upgrade, I hope that ePO 4 + RSD with the latest patches is finally mature enough to deploy.
twenden
Level 13
Message 7 of 9

We plan on upgrading to EPO 4.0 in May. Need to have the time to vacation in March and also sometime to learn 4.0. I am the only EPO administrator at this university and am very busy with other projects. EPO is not the only major responsibility that I have as we maintain DHCP, DNS etc.

We also can deploy overnight as only about 40% of the users leave their systems on. The university president has tried to tell users to turn off their computers at night to save money. This makes it difficult for us Admins.
Reliable Contributor Dvanmeter
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

where did you guys get the 5301 scan engine? Im not seeing it on the download page?
twenden
Level 13
Message 9 of 9

It is on the McAfee download page under "Incremental Engines". Below is the link:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/enginespack.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.