cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 500 Internal server error EPO 4.6.2 console

Hi,

I get the standard HTTP 500 Internal Server Error when tryimng to launch the console. I've restarted the services, rebooted and can test the connection ok when opening https://localhost:8443/core/config

I've attached the logs so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

9 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: HTTP 500 Internal server error EPO 4.6.2 console

This looks like an extension is missing or damaged. Can you do a directory listing of the entire ePO install folder to a text file and attach it here, and we can have a look?

The most likely cause is a missing config file which is very easy to fix.

Thanks -

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the quick reply, directory listing attached.

Cheers,

Simon

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Okay, there's actually quite a few files missing, rather than just one. Can you restore the xml files in C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\Catalina\localhost  from backup?

Thanks -

Joe

Mmmmight be a bit tricky, as we've only just taken over the support for this company. I can see a backup for sometime in August and will try that.

Thanks,

Simon

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 10

Okay, thanks - let us know what happens...

Regards -

Joe

Hi Joe,

Sorry for the delay but been on holiday.... Tried restoring from the backup but we get the same issue, looks like it hasn't been working for some time.

Would you suggest re-installing?

Regards,

Simon

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 10

In the first instance I'd suggest opening a case with support, as there's a good chance this could be salvaged - but no guarantees, unfortunately, and you may end up having to reinstall anyway.

HTH -

Joe

itops
Level 8
Message 9 of 10

Hi,

I had the same problem and have searching for a solution for more than a week... until now, mcafee support could help me out.

Apparently the SQL port had been changed in the db.properties file (probably during a windows update installation).

Location of db.properties file : C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\conf\orion

I have changed the port to the correct number in db.properties to the one specified in "TCP Dynamic Ports" under IPAll (Sql Server configuration Manager) and then I was able to start the EventParser-service.

The red errorlines at the console screen disappeared and EPO was working like before.

Hope this helps !

it seems there are various issues with the configuration on your server. If you’re not familiar with changing file permissions or modifying .htaccess files on your server, then please contact your hosting company for further analysis and support.

Plex Lucky Patcher Kodi