Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: HTTP 403 error when trying to log into EPO

Jump to solution

I am using the server name.

Jump to solution

Hello, were you able to get this issue resolved? I encountered this same issue a few days ago. I was able to access the ePO console on Thursday, but Friday is when I received the HTTP Error 403 message. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Ryan from McAfee helped me out with this Friday.  The issue was the shortcut link I was using pointed me to a J_Security_check which to my understanding houses old credentials?  I am not 100% sure but after correcting the link (removing the J_Security_Check at the end), I was able to log in. 

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply. I just removed the J_Security_check from the URL and now the console is waiting to logon, it's been spinning for the past 5 minutes. 

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

Check the orion log for errors.  That usually indicates some connectivity to sql issues, deadlocks, slow sql performance due to high index fragmentation, or a number of other errors.  I would first suggest restarting sql, then epo services and if that doesn't resolve or if issue returns, open a ticket with McAfee so we can investigate.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

Our system administrators just rebooted the ePO server, we were able to login successfully. Thank you for your input. I'll be sure to ask the sys admin to review the logs.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community