cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPS 7.0.0.976 not deploying update

I've checked in the latest HIP Patch which changed the HIP install version from 7.0.0.953 to 7.0.0.976. I checked my Product Deployment task and updated it to install the new version. Yet none of my machines are getting this update. They run the deployment task and don't even try to install the newer version. The task completes successfully with out even trying to update HIP. All other updates, etc. are working correctly.

Has anyone else run into this? Am I doing something incorrectly? Any help would be appreciated.

ePO 4.0.0.1221
CMA 4.0.0.1421
7 Replies

RE: HIPS 7.0.0.976 not deploying update

Have you replicated the update to your other repositories ?

Jim

Did you check in the new hips package with patch 4 or add the patch 4 install?

Per Jim's comment, first make sure you have replicated. Second, make sure you have the patch4 stand-alone checked in as well for those clients that are pre-patch4 and need just the patch. I'm not 100% sure but believe you'll need the stand-alone patch as well if you're using the full hips7p4 installer.

Let us know your results...

Technically, not yet. But I have all the machine agents pointing to the master repository on the epo server because of the issue with the new agent patch. The deployment task states that it is pulling from the epo server and yet nothing.

Am I wrong in assuming this should work regardless of the content of the replicated repositories?

Should be O.K. repository wise based on what you say.

If it's genuinely a patch that you've checked in then it won't normally get installed via the Deployment Task - usually need a seperate update task with that patch enabled.....

Jim

Thanks guys.

I did not install the patch. 😮

Your both probably correct in saying the existing installs need the patch to update.

Time for me to put my tail between my legs and go look for an new brain. grin

Patch installed, updates now working.

Thanks again!

Good News happy
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community