cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIP and VirusScan not installed on some users

Jump to solution

Hi, I just want to ask why HIP and VirusScan on some users or client PC are not installed, Ive installed the McAffee agent already. pls see the screenshot.

thanks so much

EPO_sql012_noDat.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

Re: HIP and VirusScan not installed on some users

Jump to solution

Hi @Eric357,

Thank you for your post. I am glad we could get you some help here.

McAfee Agent by itself cannot protect your endpoints. Agent, as the name suggests is the communication platform to ePO.

We need to install ENS or VSE (security products for endpoints) to protect the endpoints.

There is a lot more to verify here for installation. if your previous Administrator has informed you that you can deploy the agent and the machines automatically receive McAfee VSE, He may be correct in saying so. However this can only be verified by looking into the configuration.

I will be happy to explain you through this, however, that may result in me never stopping to type here!

Firstly, I would recommend using the below product guide:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/virusscan-enterprise-v8-8-0-installation/resource/PD22944.pdf

This installation guide above should help you in step by step process and understanding why we do them.

I would recommend you creating a Service Request if you come across any further challenges on the same. Feel free to reference my name and I can pick this up for you and work with you.

To create a Service Request with technical Support:

https://support.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/supportportal/pages_serviceRequests/createSR

I sincerely hope this is helpful!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

5 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Eric357,

Thank you for your post. I am afraid we would need more than this screenshot to understand the reason.

May I please know how many endpoints have you tried deploying VSE and HIPS to?

How many are successful?

The operating system and version of product (Both VSE and HIP) you are deploying?

What is the method of deployment used? (Product deployment task scheduled or using Run Client Task now)

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

Jump to solution

thanks for your quick reply @AdithyanT 

first i just wanna tell you that I am new to McAfee EPO, when I came onboard to our company 2 weeks ago the EPO server was given to me inshort im a Newbie. 

We have 520 total items shown on the SystemTree, approximately about 80% has VSE installed, how do i know this, the column "DAT version (VirusScan Enterprise)" is empty for some.

I was told that if i install the agent on the client it automatically installs the VSE and other software.

is the agent enough to get the clients protected?

Im sorry for this questions and thank you for helping me

thanks and best regards,

Eric

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Eric357,

Thank you for your post. I am glad we could get you some help here.

McAfee Agent by itself cannot protect your endpoints. Agent, as the name suggests is the communication platform to ePO.

We need to install ENS or VSE (security products for endpoints) to protect the endpoints.

There is a lot more to verify here for installation. if your previous Administrator has informed you that you can deploy the agent and the machines automatically receive McAfee VSE, He may be correct in saying so. However this can only be verified by looking into the configuration.

I will be happy to explain you through this, however, that may result in me never stopping to type here!

Firstly, I would recommend using the below product guide:

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/virusscan-enterprise-v8-8-0-installation/resource/PD22944.pdf

This installation guide above should help you in step by step process and understanding why we do them.

I would recommend you creating a Service Request if you come across any further challenges on the same. Feel free to reference my name and I can pick this up for you and work with you.

To create a Service Request with technical Support:

https://support.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/supportportal/pages_serviceRequests/createSR

I sincerely hope this is helpful!

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi @AdithyanT 

Thank you so much !!!  😊 

Best regards,

Eric

McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Eric357,

Glad I could assist! Please feel free to ask us here if you have any queries on the document.

Also, WELCOME TO MCAFEE  😊

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community