cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Root?????

Hi All.

I have just setup my ePO structure and I am using the active directory sync function, I get the active directory structure and pcs under the system tree. That works fine. What I then do is tick a pc i want to install the agent on, click the deploy agent button at the bottom, fill in the credentails and away it goes. The agent installs, communicates with the ePO server but instead of updating the pc record in the system tree it creates a duplicate under the global root?????

Does anyonoe have any idea why this is happening? I am unable to view the global root, I bet I have a few in there. Why does it not update the pc record which I ticked and deployed the agent to?

Any help is most appreciated as this is causing me no end of grief.

Thanks
Dean
Tags (2)
18 Replies
ulyses31
Level 16
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 19

RE: Global Root?????

That happened to me when I tried to delete some computers under the ePO tree and also selecting the "delete epo agent" option.
What ePO did was moving this machine to the global root (as you say you cannot find them through the tree) and the only way was to delete the computers from epo tree without checking the delete agent box, that deleted them ok.

The only way to locate this computer in the global root and deleting it is searching this machine through the serach epo panel

Thanks for the reply ulyses31.

This is becomming a pain for me now. As I say this is a new install of ePO and what i want to do is manage all my pcs rather than delete them like the problem you had. After the agent installs and communicates it creates a duplicate record and i would then have to manually move the pc to its correct group which i dont want to do. When I deploy an agent to a pc in the system tree i want that pc record to update and not create duplicates.
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 4 of 19

Which McAfee Agent version are you using?

Version 4.0.0.1345

Are you using IP filtering on the Dir Tree ? I don't use AD sync. but I simply delete the "new" (and old) entries and let the tree repopulate via the IP filters.

Jim

Hi Jim.

No. I am not using any filtering or sorting at all. I have a AD sync that runs at 7 in the morning and 7 in the evening and thats it. I may run it manually during the day too.

I get this too, find it irritating as I run reports which are giving a 'false' output due to duplicates.
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 9 of 19

What i can't understan is why under global root we cannot see anything and the only way is to search fr the computer at the epo pane.

I suppose it's an issue of ePO4.0p3 but I don't know if it will be fixed with Patch 4

Any idea when patch 4 is released?