Client W10_1809 patched until dec 2019

client agent 5.6.2.209

client vse 8.8.0.2190

client dxl_1000 5.0.2.230

server W2012R2, epo 5.9.1.251

Strange behavior as you can see and read in the attchment

-) 132222706928230001_debug_trace_file.txt

-) Agent_Monitor.log

Tried agent 5.6.3 and P13 as well but not working properly wiht the epo and the update-tasks. ANy idea that the printscreen and the agent monitor status says fine, but failed to get the actual dat-file?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 23 of 28

Re: Generic Script Error downloading dat-file

Jump to solution

Error found - 2020-01-06 15:00:26 E #10216 ScrptExe Failed to get environment variable

see KB78773.

The system you provided mer for doesn't have temp/tmp environmental variable:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]
"ComSpec"="C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe"
"DriverData"="C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData"
"NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS"="6"
"OS"="Windows_NT"
"Path"="C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\"
"PATHEXT"=".COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC"
"PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE"="AMD64"
"PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER"="Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel"
"PROCESSOR_LEVEL"="6"
"PROCESSOR_REVISION"="9e0a"
"PSModulePath"="C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules"
"SNC_LIB"="C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\Frontend\sapgui\gssapi32.dll"
"UATDATA"="C:\WINDOWS\CCM\UATData\D9F8C395-CAB8-491d-B8AC-179A1FE1BE77"
"USERNAME"="SYSTEM"
"windir"="C:\WINDOWS"
"DEFLOGDIR"="C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DesktopProtection"
"VSEDEFLOGDIR"="C:\ProgramData\McAfee\DesktopProtection"

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 26 of 28

Jump to solution

You need the system environmental variable for that because the agent runs under the system process, which the tasks are run under, requiring no user logged in for that to occur.  It does not run under a user context.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

27 Replies

Jump to solution

additional info:

the client recieve the new policy after installation, including exceptions but the on-access-scan is disabled and can not be enabled

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 28

Jump to solution

If on access scanning can't be enabled, then I would suspect something wrong with the install of ENS or VSE.  I would suggest removing all, reboot and make sure there are no remnants left (you can use the endpoint removal tool from the download page).  Once rebooted, then reinstall and see if issue goes away.

Was my reply helpful?

McAfee Employee LKS
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 28

Jump to solution

Hi bandit61,

Thank for providing the logs. However Masvc would not be sufficient to analyze the issue. WE would required McScript in debug mode with MER to investigate further. Adding to this below error seems like partial MA installation or corrupted one. 

Framework Service 03.01.2020 11:00:25 Info Verifying amcore.mcs.
Framework Service 03.01.2020 11:00:25 Info Generic script error.
Framework Service 03.01.2020 11:00:10 Info Downloading DAT.

Did you completely uninstall Agent, reboot the machine, then reinstall and check. Just incase if it does not work, i would suggest you to log a case with Agent support (along with MER in debug mode) to investigate the issue.

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a Solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Jump to solution

Sorry for the weekend delay, but we don't have remote-access. Yes uninstalled both agent & vse and tried again with agent 5.6.2.209 and vse P14 the update still doesn't work, as you can see in the attached file. Will try the MER in debug for the update of the dat-file.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 28

Jump to solution

Post reinstall, what is the error message you are getting?

For script error message, please look into #:  KB66848, KB87847, KB65815

Try registering vsupdate.dll file.

regsvr32 /s "c:\program files\Mcafee\Virusscan\vsupdate.dll"

Please look at #: 

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan-Enterprise-VSE/Update-Dat-file-fails-with-error-Generic-sc...

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

As far as i remember after the installation of vse it always showed dat-file 1111 in the info. For this client it shows nothing under dat-file-version and dat-file-created these 2 line do not appear if you press info. Has this behavior changed?

McAfee Employee hem
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 28

Jump to solution

DAT 1111 is DAT less DAT file. It will come after you install VSE. The actual DAT will be updating and will show once Update task runs on the machine.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

That's the problem the update is running, viruscan-consel tells you successfull, but failed with generic script error,. can't access one of the provided 94909491avv.gem or the other 3 before, since friday. also missing the gdeltaavv.ini.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 28

Jump to solution

What do you mean the provided gem files?  You can get them from the update.nai.com site, but you can't just use one or 2 files from there.  As stated before, we are going to need to see debug mcscript logs as well as other associated logs that are contained in a mer.  Once you open a ticket with McAfee, send me the ticket number please in private message.

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community