Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pg13
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Framepkg.exe VS Framepkg_upd.exe

Hi,

I have an environment where my nodes are managed. For years, when I wanted to upgrade the version of the CMA manually (locally on a PC), I would double-click (after the check-in in ePO) on the new framepkg.exe that is in my ePO directory (E:\Program Files\Network Associates\ EPO\ 3.6.1\ db\ Software\ current\ epoagent3000\ install\0409).

But I just discovered in the release notes for McAfee Agent 4.0.0 patch 1 that I can use framepkg_upd.exe instead. They say that framepkg_upd.exe is to be used in managed nodes. But I saw conflicting information in a KB article (can't remember which one) that said that the exact opposite, i.e. that framepkg_upd.exe should be used on UNmanaged nodes.

What's the right way to locally upgrade an agent on a managed node ? I've never had any problem in the past with double-clicking on the framepkg.exe that comes from my ePO server. Why should I use framepkg_upd.exe ?

Thank you.
1 Reply
Highlighted

RE: Framepkg.exe VS Framepkg_upd.exe

When you manually upgrade an agent you must execute "framepkg /install=updater" but since McAfee released Agent 4.0 they also created the framepkg_upd file that does exactly the same thing as framepkg with the modifier
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community