cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force product deployments to happen faster.

Jump to solution

Hi. We have a small group of 'loaner' laptops which our customers can borrow. We automatically re-image these loner laptops every night using SCCM. The last step of our automatic imaging process is to install the McAfee Agent (Common Framework).

The problem is that these laptops seem to go into hibernate mode before McAfee Agent can download and install all the required McAfee policies, products and updates. Specifically, HIPS never seems to install. I have added a 'wake up' command to the end of our imaging process (CmdAgent.exe /P /C /E), but that did not seem to help.

Has anybody ever encountered a similar problem? Is there a way I can force the McAfee Agent to install everything faster?

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Force product deployments to happen faster.

Jump to solution

For your product deployment client tasks, configure their client tasks to "run immediately"  under the schedule tab.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

For your product deployment client tasks, configure their client tasks to "run immediately"  under the schedule tab.

Jump to solution

Thanks. I have added another deployment task to the node where my loaner laptops reside. This task is scheduled to 'run immediately' instead of the 'daily' schedule we use as default.

I still wan't to keep the daily scheduled deployments as a way to catch missed or broken installs as well as unintentional uninstalls.

pierce
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

You might want to set your agent policy to force reboots as well, one issue I have with HIPS is it needs a few reboots to kick in sometimes with everything else we install on new builds. Of course not sure how relevant that is to your environment with daily wipes.

Also couldnt you just setup your SCCM task to also install VSE/HIPS as well?

The install files are located on your ePO server in this directory for HIPS: c:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\DB\Software\Current\HOSTIPS_8000\Install\0000

and similar for VSE.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Looks like greatscott's suggestion of changing the deployment schedule to 'immediately' has worked for me.

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community