cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenobe
Level 10

Failed to connect, error 10061 ( No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. )

I've seen this error mentioned in several places but no firm answer given.

While trying to push a replication to SADRs at a remote site we get this error within 30 seconds.  I'm pretty sure it's a block at one of the firewalls between me and my subordinate site - but not having an easy time convincing the infrastructure folks of that.  Weirder still, the SADR is talking to the EPO to get policy and DAT updates.  That leads me to believe one specific port is being blocked.

Quick reference, here are the ports my server is configured for:

Agent-to-server communication port:        80
Agent-to-server communication secure port:                                                        Enabled on port                     443                                                   
Agent wake-up communication port:        591
Agent broadcast communication port:        8082
Console-to-application server communication port:        8005
Client-to-server authenticated communication port:        8443

So here's the question, when I press START REPLICATION, which of the above ports is actually being used from the server to the client, 80?  443?

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alexn
Level 14

Re: Failed to connect, error 10061 ( No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. )

Kenobe,

This issue occurs when the SuperAgent is on a different subnet than the ePO server and the SuperAgent computer get its IP address via Network Address Translation (NAT).The McAfee Agent binds to the first IP address that it is given during system startup and sends this IP address to ePO. The address given during system startup is not the NAT address. Therefore, ePO can never connect to the SuperAgent.I 'd suggest you to Configure the SuperAgent Repository to be a normal Distributed Repository, using a UNC, FTP, or HTTP path which will be resolved by DNS when doing a replication.

So here's the question, when I press START REPLICATION, which of the above ports is actually being used from the server to the client, 80?  443?

Ans: 443.SPIPE communication with 3DES enryption.

Alexn

kubaros
Level 9

Re: Failed to connect, error 10061 ( No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. )

Kenobe hi,

Check this article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB58747&pmv=print please. Alexn is right about it.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Superagent repositories are essentially little web servers, serving content on the agent wakeup call port - so in your case port 591. This port will have to be open for replication to succeed.

HTH -

Joe

0 Kudos