So we're migrating from ePO 4.6.6 to ePO 5.3 and have deployed a removal of all services on the old and have new deployments on the new one,
When we deploy the agents from the new ePO we get the following error "Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found."
I can confirm that all c$ shares are accessible on our machines, they are also reachable with 0% packet loss and our entire wan/lan is reachable across our subnets
All I have read so far is that the admin share is to blame, well it cant be since I can access it on the said machine unless this is DNS related ?
For anyone curious as to how we fixed this we changed it to check the IP before the hostname and it seemed to work normally, while our DNS is in great condition for lookups it would appear this is some sort of bug in the ePO.
for a system failing by host name, run nslookup for that system name and ensure the epo server is able to resolve them. If not, check dns settings on the nic on epo server.
It appears to be available on 5.9.1 where Moe said it's located, it wasn't on 5.1.3. That alone will fix a lot of my problems, since I have DCHP and DNS issues the network folks don't wish to fix. It makes me glad I updated, just for that.
Glad your problem was resolved. For successful agent deployment from ePO, you must be able to map admin$ share. Some workgroup systems may fail to install agent and you get vague error message like these in the server task log despite having proper credentials:
Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found.
Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: Access is denied.
Typical reasons for such failures may include:
Perform some basic network troubleshooting. This indicates a problem with the workstation or network.