cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found.

I have McAfee 8.7 and E-Policy orchestrator 4.5. when i am trying to deploy agent for a computer from system tree i am getting this error message "Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found. " Did anybody face this simillar problem. Please help me to get out this issue. I have disabled firewall from client side as well as EPO server.

10 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 11

Re: Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found.

Please check the basic network connectivity - to the client machine from the ePO server (ping). Also check if the system is resolving to the correct IP.

Are you able to open the admin$ share of the client system from the ePO server using the same credentials used when using Deploy Agent?

Re: Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found.

i am recieving this same error but only on certain machines.

i am able to access the admin$ on their machines form the EPO server.  i am also logging onto the server with my Domain Admin credentials and deployign the agent with the same log in

they already have agent 4.0 - its failing when 4.5 is rolled out

Message was edited by: daviejohn1983 on 11/11/09 4:47 AM

an update on this one.  i changed the retry timings and the expiry to longer.

EPo will continue to try until it is successful.  took about 4 attempts

not too sure why - maybe a mcafee master can answer why it initially fails

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 11

This does point to a connectivity problem that may be intermittent - suggest involving your network guy and capture a network trace before ruling out your network.

Im heading down that path too.  i think its possible a network bandwidth useage.

not an EPo issue - it only happens to be within EPo that i get the error

Thank You

wyllis
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

I realize this thread is old, but does anyone know how to change the retry and timeout for pushing an agent?

low351
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

When you use the system tree - new system, the dialog it opens up has parameters for retry and timeout that you can change.  Althought I've been beating my head on the desk for this same problem the timeouts didn't solve it.  My Vista Business system had the shares turned off so I wasn't able to open the \\<machinename> share from the prompt.  One I set that up by enabling sharing in the network and security center it installed no problem.

I have similar problems in ePO 4.0 - found the following cleared up some of my problems - set NIC settings for "Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP" - added WINS Server Addresses to Static IP Configuration - previously only using DNS - also adding Domain Suffixes in the DNS Suffix Search Order List also helped.  The last piece I run in to is when people are setup as Local Administrators of their own PC's/Laptops and they remove the Global Security Groups that are applied by default i.e. "Workstation Admins" or "Domain Admins".

"Failed to authenticate with remote system, system error: The network path was not found"

- i'm also got this problem after pust deploy agent failed. And also check the Domain Admin s group to the client which need to install.

What else can be preform?