Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Jmac24
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Exclude tag without having to also use Include tag

Jump to solution

There doesn't appear to be a way to do this unless there's a major oversight on my part.

I'm trying to simply assign a client task to a system group that will run for all systems in the group unless it has a specific tag. It looks like the only way I can do this, is to also use the "has any of these tags" option. I want it to apply to everything though, unless specifically excluded. I don't want to have to drop the systems into a different group and break inheretance, trying to keep the tree clean.

Example of what I am trying to do. Have a custom demand scan for everyone as currently assigned, but exclude if it has a particular tag that is used to enforce a policy based on demand scan at the same area in the tree. Am I missing something, or should I add this as a business idea?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Re: Exclude tag without having to also use Include tag

Jump to solution

You have 2 options for using tags in a task assignment

1. send to systems that only have this /these tags

2. do not send to systems that have this/these tag.

You do not have to have both populated, you can just use the do not send option.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

3 Replies
Jmac24
Level 9
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution
I created a tag for "all systems" that tags any system with an agent installed, then used that for the assignment and excluded my test group tag from it. That will do the trick.
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

You have 2 options for using tags in a task assignment

1. send to systems that only have this /these tags

2. do not send to systems that have this/these tag.

You do not have to have both populated, you can just use the do not send option.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jmac24
Level 9
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Thanks, where it looked off is once I click to use the tags it changes the "applies to" number from whatever it was previously to zero immediately, but when you add the exclude criteria it re-polulates to what was expected. I got worked up over nothing.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator