cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: See KB67174:

Just great...

I understand that. But as they said it reduces the number of processes and should bring some performance improvement than it maybe a good thing. They may also come up with an icon colour change when VSE has a problem. We shall see in the coming weeks changes to that. I bet on it

I've just checked-in and deployed the newest scan engine, patch 2 and the latest hotfix for VSE - everything together seems to be working good.
And actually this new Agent icon is not so bad happy
akl71
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 24 of 30

But this "new" icon also seems to be buggy. It is only displays properly on xp-workstations. All our severs still have the old Mcshield-Icon after logon. To get the new icon i have to reactivate the agent and wait for a few minutes. And if i logoff and logon ... the old icon is back again.

In our testing env. it is kind of mixing....A DC still has the VSE8.7 icon with no errors, but the ePO server box itself has the new agent icon (both W2K3 R2 STD boxes). Clients show agent icon.
d0x
Level 7
Message 26 of 30

So this happens when both the VSE and the Agent are configured to display their taskbar icons. If I change the agent config not to show the taskbar icon everything is ok?

I have applied the hotfix, but I am also changing the agent policy, because I have deployed over 10.000 agents a week ago and people are all complaining about that error message.

When you change the agent settings not to display the agent icon, this specific error is gone, but other errors suddenly emerge... But the hotfix fixes the errors, so as long as you've applied the hotfix, it should be fine regardless of the settings you use.
Highlighted

Hot fix is out

Kb67118
Terje
Level 7
Message 29 of 30

RE: Hot fix is out

rrrobbo thank you for the info! happy

RE: Hot fix is out

First tests look positive, no errors on my first testsystem (upgrade from agent 4.0 with VS8.7p2 and the hotfix already applied). I'll expand the test to a number of systems and if there are no errors, I'll deploy the agent company wide. The hotfix is already being deployed to all systems, so it looks like it's gonna be ok after all happy
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community