cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Event Parser fails to start

?  Sorry, may be missing something - what clients are you referring to?

1) When you run the /core/config test, what message do you get back?

2) When you run netstat, does it show that the SQL server service is listening on the port shown in /core/config?

how to test again? im sorry im new to this product dmease729.

As per 2 posts ago, follow my comment 14-Aug-2012 10:50, then press test button.  Please read through this entire post - if you are still stuck, please advise which part you are stuck on

i have tried test connection and The database connection was tested successfully.

interesting - now enable debugging as per KB in Joes comment above, and see if more information is available.  I would also check Windows event logs to see if anything can given you any indication. 

20120822131627          E          #09820          PONTUTIL          Failed to create local ePO User Group, push agent aborted!  System error code 1379

20120822131627          X          #09820          usermgr           Attempting to add user: AQSPEPSI\Administrator

20120822131627          X          #09820          usermgr           Current user: Administrator

20120822131627          E          #09820          EPODAL            DAL2_CConnection::Init: Failed to logon the domain user AQSPEPSI\Administrator to connect to database.

20120822131627          E          #09820          EPODAL            DAL2_CConnection::Init: Error 0x80070002 returned from credentials callback. Database NOT available

20120822131627          E          #09820          EVNTPRSR          Database initialization: Failed (hr=0x80070002).

20120822131627          E          #09820          EVNTPRSR          Failed to initialize database layer. Cannot continue.

20120822131627          I          #09820          EVNTPRSR          EventParser Stopped.

20120822131627          I          #09820          EVNTPRSR          Cleaning up Server...

im wondering about this eventparser how come that it is failing to connect to database while i tested from https://aqs-epo:8443/core/config and it is working fine

20120822131627          E          #09820          EPODAL            DAL2_CConnection::Init: Failed to logon the domain user AQSPEPSI\Administrator to connect to database.

I would look at Windows event logs and SQL Server logs (I admit I would need to google this as I am not an MS dude) - something is wierd here as the above line is stating that the connection to the database (login failure) is not working, yet you advised that the test connection from /core/config was successful?  Strange question but is aqs-epo definitely the ePO server you are having issues with - you havent got two ePO servers at all?    On the /core/config screen, does it show the same username as above?

At a loss here - sorry, but you may need to raise an support case.  I would be interested to find out the outcome!

here is how it started dmease i change the password of the server because of the turn over of previous IT from then  it started the problem ...whenever i am trying to test the DB connection from the https://aqs-epo:8443/core/config i need to put check on " change password" then put the new administrator password then only then the test will be successfdul

Ah!  After you test connectivity, click 'Apply' (bottom right), then restart services.

hahaha thanks dmease729 i just forgot to apply the changes it is working now...thanks very much

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community