Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LANIAC
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Event ID 7035 and 7036 every 5 Minutes in the event log

Dear all,

every 5 minutes (the policy enforce intervall) an event id 7035 is logged on several ePO managed systems and states that "

The McAfee McShield service was successfully sent a pause control."

I could find some information on the McAfee KB that this issue should be solved in some earlier patches/hotfixes but I still

got these entries in the event log eventhough I am using the most current patches/hotfixes for the McAfee products.

In detail I am using ePO Version 4.5 with Patch 1 applied and VSE Version 8.7 with Patch 2 installed. Does anybody has the

same issues with the current McAfee products? Thank you for all your feedback in advance.

regards

LANIAC

on 03.02.10 11:12:20 GMT+01:00
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Event ID 7035 and 7036 every 5 Minutes in the event log

Change the permissions on the c:\windows\temp folder to allow full control access for the local system account.

Then scan for Malware.

LANIAC
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

So you think there is some malware in the C:\windows\temp folder? As I know, the System account already has full control permissions

on this folder by default. So I do not think that this will solve the issue but thank you for the reply....

Did this problem remain unresolved?!?

I got the same issue and most threads are like this one, unanswered...

LANIAC
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi David,

we could get rid of this issue after we applied patch 3 for VSE 8.7i in our productive environment. To be honest I am not sure if installing the patch 3 was the solution but at least since then there were no event log entries anymore.

kind regards

laniac

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 7

LANIAC
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

@tonyb99

thank you for the additional information and links to the KB. It seems as patch 3 will fix this issue on 32bit and 64bit systems according to the links from tonyb99......

laniac

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator