Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LANIAC
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Event ID 7035 and 7036 every 5 Minutes in the event log

Dear all,

every 5 minutes (the policy enforce intervall) an event id 7035 is logged on several ePO managed systems and states that "

The McAfee McShield service was successfully sent a pause control."

I could find some information on the McAfee KB that this issue should be solved in some earlier patches/hotfixes but I still

got these entries in the event log eventhough I am using the most current patches/hotfixes for the McAfee products.

In detail I am using ePO Version 4.5 with Patch 1 applied and VSE Version 8.7 with Patch 2 installed. Does anybody has the

same issues with the current McAfee products? Thank you for all your feedback in advance.

regards

LANIAC

on 03.02.10 11:12:20 GMT+01:00
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Event ID 7035 and 7036 every 5 Minutes in the event log

Change the permissions on the c:\windows\temp folder to allow full control access for the local system account.

Then scan for Malware.

LANIAC
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

So you think there is some malware in the C:\windows\temp folder? As I know, the System account already has full control permissions

on this folder by default. So I do not think that this will solve the issue but thank you for the reply....

Did this problem remain unresolved?!?

I got the same issue and most threads are like this one, unanswered...

LANIAC
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi David,

we could get rid of this issue after we applied patch 3 for VSE 8.7i in our productive environment. To be honest I am not sure if installing the patch 3 was the solution but at least since then there were no event log entries anymore.

kind regards

laniac

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 7

LANIAC
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

@tonyb99

thank you for the additional information and links to the KB. It seems as patch 3 will fix this issue on 32bit and 64bit systems according to the links from tonyb99......

laniac

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community