cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diwi
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Evaluation of new McAfee Agent versions ...

Jump to solution

Hello,

has anybody an idea, how to test new McAfee agents in a subgroup with some test nodes, that already get their current VirusScan patch versions from the evaluation branch?

The only idea I have, is to manually re-deploy an agent from the evaluation branch, via ...

Selecting node => Choose Actions => Choose Agent => Choose Deploy Agents

... and then select the agent, which is located in the evaluation branch!

Can this be done automatically, like e.g. the way it is done with VirusScan patches?

Any hint is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

DiWi

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
akill
Level 9
Message 2 of 3

Re: Evaluation of new McAfee Agent versions ...

Jump to solution

Yes you can create a task for that group only and send the testing version of the product that you want, on my lab I test like that

Select the group>click on actions>click New client Task Assignment> Select McAfee Agent on Product>Task Type: Product Deployment> Create New task

So then you select all the productos of the branch that you want after save that task you can schedule this automate the proccess

2 Replies
Highlighted
akill
Level 9
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Yes you can create a task for that group only and send the testing version of the product that you want, on my lab I test like that

Select the group>click on actions>click New client Task Assignment> Select McAfee Agent on Product>Task Type: Product Deployment> Create New task

So then you select all the productos of the branch that you want after save that task you can schedule this automate the proccess

diwi
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello akill,

oh, what a fool I am! I already had a 'Product Deployment' task on that evaluation subgroup, but since I created that task before I checked-in the new McAfee Agent, I thought there is no other possibility than to re-deploy the agent again, instead of thinking about selecting the new checked-in agent in the Product Deployment task.

Thanks for that hint

Appreciated.

Full evaluation takes place now!

Regards,

DiWi

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community