Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Massi79
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 33

Evaluating Patch?

Hi all,
as long as any new patch is released, i search for a way to TEST it before deploying..
i've an epo 4 (patch 3) server, and all agent version 4 patch 1.
It should be possible to set up an agent policy to take upgrades from evaluation branch, but i can only set up evaluation branch for dat, engine and host intrusion bla bla bla, none of these updates a patch in evaluation branch
So, why is it possible to check in packages in evaluation branch if then there is no way to EVALUATE them?
Where am i wrong?
Thanks Smiley Happy

PS: i see a new patch for RSD2 is out, but read nothing on this forum.. did i miss something? happy
Tags (2)
32 Replies

RE: Evaluating Patch?

Go to EPO Server configuration tab within EPO 4.0 console. Once you are there look for the "Repository Packages" under the "Settings Catagory" on the left pane. Once you have selected "Repository Packages" select edit then select "Yes" in the "Allow package check-in for any repository branch: " This will allow you to check in packages under the Evalution branch.
Massi79
Level 7
Message 3 of 33

ehm, i checked the patch package in the evaluation branch, the problem is getting it installed on some machines to test it happy
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 4 of 33

The best way, once you have checked your new ePO agent to evaluation branch, is to create a new deployment task where you can choose any of the McAfee Agents included in your repository

Can someone just confirm whether this feature is only availabkle from ePO V4 ?

Thanks,

Jim
Massi79
Level 7
Message 6 of 33

i'm NOT trying to evaluate an agent version
i'm trying to evaluate a VSE patch version!
Nabriva
Level 7
Message 7 of 33

I'm also trying to evaluate Patch 7 and Patch 8 for VSE 8.5i.
If I understand correctly, for testing I'll need in the evaluation branch the same packages as in the current branch, correct?

So I already checked in the new Agent 4.0 SP1, DAT & Engine, VSE 8.5i and the Patch 7 in the evaluation branch and created the client tasks for deployment.

My problem now, it seems that the client tasks don't work because the agent still installs VSE 8.5i with Patch 6 from the current branch.

Any ideas?
DV27
Level 7
Message 8 of 33

You cannot put Patches into any Evaulation branch - That functionality is only for DATs and Engines. If you want to evaulate a patch you will need to install it manually.
Nabriva
Level 7
Message 9 of 33

Thanks for your reply, but it is possible to check-in patches into the evaluation branch.

My problem is the deployment of the evaluation patch ... sad

Are you talking about a patch or a patched version of a product ? can you give an example of what your downloaded patch package file is called ?

Jim