Did you mean: 
Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 21

Re: Errors in Orion.log from Disaster recovery snapshot

Jump to solution

When you test this again, can you get an export of the server task log detail for that task and also the orion log section with those messages?  I am curious about them.  I would also like a directory listing of the software directory (db\software).  The command would be, for example, dir /s > c:\Windows\temp\software.txt when you cd to that directory in command prompt.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Jump to solution

What is the solution in the operation of program McAfee on the laptop hd Is there a solution ??

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 13 of 21

Jump to solution

Not sure what you are asking with that question, please clarify as this thread doesn't have anything to do wtih laptops.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

twenden
Level 13
Message 14 of 21

Jump to solution

That is someone else that added a comment to my thread. I looked at what the other user posted and agree that it is not related to my issue.

twenden
Level 13
Message 15 of 21

Jump to solution

I have reinstalled ePO 5.9.1 and currently running a disaster recovery snapshot. How do I export the taskmlog for the disaster recovery task. I can see how I can show that it completed but don't know a wayo exporting the actual detail.

Is there a way of sending you the orion log files and that directory listing that you are wanting. Not really in favour of posting the whole log file to a public forum.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 21

Jump to solution

Yea, I agree about not posting on public forum any logs that could contain company info.  Depending on size of log, you can email them to me at caryn_dinet@mcafee.com and screenshots of the server task log detail

Was my reply helpful?

twenden
Level 13
Message 17 of 21

Jump to solution

Have just sent you the log files, directory listing of the db\software folderalong with screen captures of the disaster recovery task log.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 21

Jump to solution

thanks, we are reviewing - will respond when we finish looking over the data

Was my reply helpful?

twenden
Level 13
Message 19 of 21

Jump to solution
No problems. thanks for taking the time to investigate.
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Message 20 of 21

Jump to solution

OK, I've done some more testing and looked at the files you sent in - thanks for that.

It looks like it's just a logging issue, which also existed in previous versions of ePO: I tried 5.3.2, 5.3.3 and 5.9.1, and all show the same pattern of "skipping file..." messages. However the actual files are definitely written to the snapshot in the database: if you run the following query against the ePO database

select * from orionsnapshot order by targetextension

and then check the rows where the targetextension value is RepositoryMgmt, in the Key column you'll see the paths to the stored software packages.

I'm not sure of the exact reason behind the logging, but it appears that a) nothing has actually changed and b) the snapshot process is still functioning correctly.

Hopefully that helps Smiley Happy

Regards -

Joe

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.