cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Error while upgrading to ePO 5.10

Hello

I am attempting to upgrade from ePO 5.9.0 to 5.10. I backed up the necessary files and database, then started the upgrade process. After putting in the database login and password and clicking next, I received a message "Found corrupted files". There was no further information. How can I find out what the problem is, as fix it?

Thanks

Stephen Keating

27 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 28

Re: Error while upgrading to ePO 5.10

When did you download the EPO 5.10 Package? Can you download and try with a new one from product Download Page?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 28

Have you checked the install logs for exactly what it was doing at the time?  They would be located under %temp%\mcafeelogs folder.  That may put you in a temp\2\mcafeelogs where 2 is the session number, so if the logs aren't there, back up to the root of temp, then to mcafeelogs.  

One suggestion.  Remove old logs from server\logs, apache2\logs, as well as removing any files out of the events\debug folder.  Also make sure there are no manually created backup folders in any of the directories.  Backup folders should be stored outside of the epo install directory.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 28

Here is the KB that addresses this issue:

Unable to run the EPIPA Tool, Error "Found Corrupted Files"

https://kc.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=KB91682

There was some problem with the EPIP versions, so I want to make sure we use the latest version here. 

Highlighted

Just ran the EPIP tool, and now I do not have enough space on the C: drive. But I do have enough on the 😧 drive. So my question now is, if I remove the ePO from the C: drive, and do a reinstall on the 😧 drive, is there a way to import the configuration, so I do not have to set it up again? Also, will the SQL setup have to be moved to the 😧 drive, or can I leave it on the C:?

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 28

Is epo and sql on the same server and drive?  Depending on how much space you need (at least 3 times size of epo install directory free and double database size), you can move epo to different drive.  The way to do that is to run the snapshot recovery task to get a fresh snapshot, back up the database then.  After that, you can remove epo and reinstall it using snapshot recovery task to different drive.  

If just moving the database files to a different drive would give you sufficient space, that is easier to handle.  You would turn off epo services, detach the epo database in sql management studio, move the physical files to new drive, then re-attach files.  

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Highlighted

I ran the EPIP and it said I needed more space. There is only 25.42 GB on the drive and 36.8 GB was needed to upgrade. the epo and the sql are both on the C: drive of the same server. So moving the database would get me the space I need?

Highlighted

The database is 6032MB in size. I think I would still need to get rid of another 5 GB of stuff, right?

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 28

Yes, you would need to clear out more space or move epo install directory also, which seems the safest option if the other drive has much more space.  EPO directory can change, depending on log files, software checked in, extensions, etc.

Was my reply helpful?

Highlighted

So do an install on the 😧 drive. And then move the config files to the new install?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community