cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when attempting to register ePO servers - need help deciphering

I am attempting to register two ePO servers to eachother, however I get this error message when I attempt to test the connection:  

Test failed: Login failed. The login is from an untrusted domain and cannot be used with Windows authentication.

Both ePO servers are on the same domain, so I don't understand why it would be untrusted.  Has anyone seen this before and does anyone know what we need to fix to resolve this error?

21 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 22

Re: Error message when attempting to register ePO servers - need help deciphering

Are you using the same account for the database for both servers?  If you register server a with server b, or server b with server a, which one fails?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Re: Error message when attempting to register ePO servers - need help deciphering

I believe we may be using the same account, I will verify that and get back to you.   We see the same error message from both ePO servers when attempting to register them to eachother.

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 22

check the https://servername:8443/core/config on each server to see what each server is using for its database settings.  Then go to registered servers, local epo server and make sure on each server that it matches what is in core/config and test connection is successful.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

We are using the same account for both ePO servers to log into the database using windows authentication.
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 22

So if you go to registered servers on each epo server, highlight local epo server and edit, then add those credentials there and test connection.  Does it succeed?  Do those settings match what is in core\config?

Was my reply helpful?

I was able to get a successful test connection from my new ePO server to my old ePO server, however I am now getting a different errot.

In the Transfer Systems section, I'm getting the following red error message when I attempt to save:

Error getting sitelist from registered server.  See log file for details

I'm not sure which logfile to look into for these details; have you seen this error before?sitelist error message small.PNG

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 22

You want to export the sitelist from the other server and import it manually.  Without seeing logs, it is hard to know why you are getting that error.  To export that from the other server, go to the master repository, actions, export sitelist.

Was my reply helpful?

I successfully registered the server by manually importing the sitelist as shown.  So I am now halfway there.

I currently have my old ePO (5.3.2) registered in my new ePO (5.9.1)

I am now trying to register my new ePO to my old ePO.  When I perform a test connection, I receive the following message:  Database connection successful!  Warning Versions mismatch!

When I attempt to save, it takes a few minutes and then I recieve the following red error message:

Database connection failed.  Please check configuration.

I'm not sure how I can get a successful test connection, and then it fails when I try to save.  The versions mismatch i'm not sure what I can do because I only have the option to add a 5.3 ePO (not a 5.9)

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 22

disregard the version mismatch, that is to be expected.  Just choose the highest version available. Try putting in the credentials that you know tested ok, save the settings and see if you get the same error.  Otherwise we may need to open a ticket to look at it closer.   

Was my reply helpful?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community