cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing mcafee agent 5.0.6 file on raspberry pi machine

Jump to solution

Hello ,

I am trying to install mcafee agent file downloaded from ePO console on Raspberry PI machine and i am getting below error:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ sudo ./McAfeeSmartInstall.sh Resuming download from "bootstrap_2nVRKb" directory...

space required to copy archive is 3497688 bytes space available at bootstrap_2nVRKb is 114140164096 bytes extracting archive to bootstrap_2nVRKb... please wait Creating backup of coninfo.xml...

1742242+0 records in

1742242+0 records out

1742242 bytes (1.7 MB, 1.7 MiB) copied, 12.9632 s, 134 kB/s

5+1 records in

5+1 records out

2768 bytes (2.8 kB, 2.7 KiB) copied, 0.000459896 s, 6.0 MB/s

./McAfeeSmartInstall.sh: 110: ./McAfeeSmartInstall.sh: ./McAfeeSmartInstall: Exec format error

The same agent file worked in Ubuntu 16.04 machine. Could somebody help me out with below error?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee johma
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Error installing mcafee agent 5.0.6 file on raspberry pi machine

Jump to solution

HI pp_wipsReport,

Unfortunately in this instance, it is not possible to install the McAfee Agent onto a Raspberry Pi as the version of LInux ( most likely Raspian Wheezy ) is not on the supported OS list. There are also likely to be differences in the kernel and CPU hardware which would also prevent the install / execution of McAfee Agent impossible in its current form.

For Reference, you can see what is supported versions of Operating Systems are currently available here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee johma
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Error installing mcafee agent 5.0.6 file on raspberry pi machine

Jump to solution

HI pp_wipsReport,

Unfortunately in this instance, it is not possible to install the McAfee Agent onto a Raspberry Pi as the version of LInux ( most likely Raspian Wheezy ) is not on the supported OS list. There are also likely to be differences in the kernel and CPU hardware which would also prevent the install / execution of McAfee Agent impossible in its current form.

For Reference, you can see what is supported versions of Operating Systems are currently available here:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB51573

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator