cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: DB Server Key Check Failed

Equipment: ePO5.10 ; a Restored SQL 2016 

I had mismatch problems with the extensions that were in the database and were not in the ePO, so I had to manually remove them from the database, which is why I didn't access the ePO via web-GUI. Now, I only have trouble accessing. It shows me: "ERROR: DB Server Key Check Failed".

----ORION.LOG-----

2019-08-17 03:47:21,368 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-4] base.DatabaseMapper - Internal Error trying to execute setAuthUriEncrypted with value of auth:pwd?pwd=Z8qnG9Fut7SAI2jrnQAU59hpqi4KDxETSB4Cfu%2F8TtOMJZ1aoRxj1udejNVesi8S&mfsv=2

###

2019-08-17 03:22:51,065 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-4] auth.OrionUser - Unable to unobfuscate parameter pwd
javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Error finalising cipher data: pad block corrupted

Currently, I can not enter by "https://localhost:8443/core/config-auth", but when I could, I could perform the "Test" and had successful communication with the database from the user "Administrator".

Thanks for your time and support. 

Labels (3)
2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Error: DB Server Key Check Failed

How did you manually remove the extension from the database? That should only be done using the sql uninstall scripts for the extension and only if we advise to do so. Just deleting an entry from the orion extensions table may not remove all its parts, as extensions add tables, stored procedures, etc. As for the bad padding error, see if this kb applies: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB91305 If not, please open a ticket with McAfee and send me the SR number. How did the mismatch problems start?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Error: DB Server Key Check Failed

Did you change anything in the db.properties file? 2019-08-17 03:45:21,351 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-4] base.DatabaseMapper - Internal Error trying to execute setAuthUriEncrypted with value of auth:pwd?pwd=Z8qnG9Fut7SAI2jrnQAU59hpqi4KDxETSB4Cfu%2F8TtOMJZ1aoRxj1udejNVesi8S&mfsv=2 2019-08-17 03:45:51,355 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-4] auth.OrionUser - Unable to unobfuscate parameter pwd javax.crypto.BadPaddingException: Error finalising cipher data: pad block corrupted 2019-08-17 03:47:21,368 ERROR [scheduler-TaskQueueEngine-thread-4] base.DatabaseMapper - Internal Error trying to execute setAuthUriEncrypted with value of auth:pwd?pwd=Z8qnG9Fut7SAI2jrnQAU59hpqi4KDxETSB4Cfu%2F8TtOMJZ1aoRxj1udejNVesi8S&mfsv=2

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community