cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Epo 4.5

Anyone heard of a release date for epo 4.5. I know its in RC right now.
9 Replies

RE: Epo 4.5

I was told yesterday that it will be released within the next week or so.
twenden
Level 13
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 10

That is good news if it is being released next week. I have briefly tested 4.5 and so far like the slick interface. We are still running EPO 3.6.1 and need to upgrade to either 4.0 or 4.5 by years end.

Hopefully, they will have the first patch released by years end. We usually won't install in production new software until the first patch is released. I did notice that 4.5 does not support MSDE. Since EPO 3.6.1 does not support SQL Express 2005, we will be forced to upgrade to EPO 4.0, migrate to SQL Express 2005 and then install 4.5. This appeared to work on a virtual test server that I created last week.

uh huh. they've been telling me that for 4 weeks straight now. "just another week or so!"

I was told tentative release date was end of july.

I liked the RC in testing, but I have too many 8.0 clients still to update first, as ePO 4.5 doesn't support VSE8 according to the docco.

Guess thats another good way of forcing people to get a move on with upgrading.....
DV27
Level 7
Message 6 of 10

I was told on Friday that 4.5 would be out any day now.
gmc_za
Level 7
Message 7 of 10

Its either already out (need to sign in to the portal) or due out very shortly. They've started posting all the docs for it already!

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD21814&actp=LIST_RECENT
twenden
Level 13
Message 8 of 10

It has just been released and is available for download under your grant numbers. I downloaded it this morning.

The only thing missing is the new Agent 4.5 which does not show up under our grant.
DV27
Level 7
Message 9 of 10

It doesnt look like Agent 4.5 is out yet.

license

It looks like the new license keys aren't there either.