cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Epo 4.5 - Deployement issue with Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7

Hi,

I'm currently building an New Epo server to migrate our current old environnement. The new EPO Server 4.5 is working fine i do an active directory scan and i can see all my server.

I send an agent install on 2 server to test the deployement and management everithing was fine.

Now i have 2 managed server in my new EPO

Server A have Virus Scan Enterprise 8.5i

Server B no AVD

When i create a job to install Virus Scan Entreprise 8.7 on server B notting happen, i dont even see any status for the job (Client task )

When i create a job to update Virus Scan Entreprise 8.5 to 8.7 on server A notting happen, i dont even see any status for the job (Client task)

Is there any place where i can see a log or job state or any solution on this ?

Server A communication is fine i can update from my new repository. Ping from Epo console fine to, wakeup agent working fine to.

I check the procedure on the docmuentation and i just did exactly point by point still not working.

Thanks and regards,

Catherine

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Epo 4.5 - Deployement issue with Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7

Is the task enabled? Is it applied to the right container?

check the agent log on http://machine_name:8081 (provided that remote logging is enabled and default port 8081 was setup);

or

go to the machine and browse: c:\program files\mcafee\common framework\cmdagent.exe /s

you will then be able to follow what the agent is doing...

logs are usually saved here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee

if you attach the logs we may be able to provide some suggestions

Highlighted

Re: Epo 4.5 - Deployement issue with Virus Scan Enterprise 8.7

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your answer

Yes the task is correctly enabled

I'm still not able to see a job status like completed failure or pending.. and i don't have any log in the console for the client task ..

By checking the cmdagent i found my job wasn't send to the servers, i manage to get this work today.

Thanks and regards,

Catherine

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community