cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imran
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 23

Epo 4.0 Updating Error Dash Board : The latest MyAvert information was not successfully retrieved from McAfee.

Hi,

Windows server 2003 sp2 Operating system, Following are error detail.Please do need ful.Waiting for your valuable reply.

1)DashBoard

The latest MyAvert information was not successfully retrieved  from McAfee.
My RepositoryLatest Available
DAT:5829.0000--
Engine:5400.1158--
64-Bit DAT5829.0000--
64-Bit Engine5400.1158--
MyAvert Security Threats:0 unread
Last check:Unknown

2) EpoApSvr :-Log are follow

20091226200032    I    #5308    SiteMgr    Incremental replication, file Current\PATCHTMP2000\Templates\0000\MS04-012_Q828741.txt.js matches source and dest, skipping

3)Replication log :-

20091228220003: Replication started
20091228220003: Replication on ePO server, skip download from master site
20091228220022: Approximately replication size 237569491 bytes, for 1 site(s)
20091228220023: Performing incremental replication to site mcafee repository
20091228220027: Replication to site mcafee repository successful
20091228220027: Replication finished successfully
20091228220027 Replication ended

4)reporting > server task pull error :- Failed to download file catalog.z from site update.nai.com:80, error code 502

Thanks in Advance

22 Replies
Highlighted
Quitch
Level 7
Message 2 of 23

Re: Epo 4.0 Updating Error Dash Board : The latest MyAvert information was not successfully retrieved from McAfee.

Well a 502 is a bad gateway error. Have you configured your proxy? Are you able to reach that site via the browser on that server?

imran
Level 7
Message 3 of 23

Re: Epo 4.0 Updating Error Dash Board : The latest MyAvert information was not successfully retrieved from McAfee.

yes

my proxy is enabled for All Out bond traffic.

Thanks in advanced

imran
Level 7
Message 4 of 23

please can you explain how to reach that sit.

(i am able to brows McAfee web site on epo windows 2003 server).

Plz cab you explain how to rech that site....

imran
Level 7
Message 5 of 23

Dear we are not able to reach that site by browsers

please give me hint .....

thanks in advanced

Quitch
Level 7
Message 6 of 23

You need to check your proxy logs to find out why it isn't letting you research the above URL, then resolve that issue. For example, we run ISA 2004 and we have a rule setup to allow all traffic from the ePO server to the above address, without authentication.

imran
Level 7
Message 7 of 23

hi,

I think the problem is default rule the default rule is in the middle after that dns allow rule is there.

I am trying to push it last but that is not happeninig.

can you tell me how to push it at last rule.I did by clicking up and down arrow.

Thanks  in advanced

imran
Level 7
Message 8 of 23

hi quitch,

can you help mme please...

there is credential authentication error.

error is vredential is not correct.............?

thanks in advanced

ajacobs
Level 12
Message 9 of 23

Hi imran,

I moved this post to the ePO community. Hopefully someone will see this and help you soon.

apoling
Level 14
Message 10 of 23

Hi,

my proxy admin allows also anonymous access to such URLs (*.avertlabs.com). This means the proxy client on the server will catch the request and thus proxy server will automatically allow access.

this is just an idea that worked for us.

Also, if you use a separate firewall, that also needs a rule.

Attila

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community