cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Endpoints with Duplicate IP's in found in ePO 5.3.2

We have Endpoints with Duplicate IP's in found in ePO 5.3.2. Please let me know how to resolve the this.

can you help me in getting a SQL quere to delete the duplicate IP address from DB.

We have a DHCP server providing the IP fpo the endpoints.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Endpoints with Duplicate IP's in found in ePO 5.3.2

This can occur under several circumstances.

1.  systems have different names, but same ip

system number 1 checks in with certain ip.  then for some reason it stops communicating

system number 2 gets that same ip from dhcp and checks in.  Solution is to fix first system not communicating.

2.  Systems are duplicate entries in epo - same system name and IP.  There are several causes for that and I would suggest opening ticket with McAfee to find out why.

3.  Same as number 2 above, but you have added additional columns in the system tree and if you select one of the duplicate systems, all duplicates are also selected.  That is related to the specific column you chose bringing in duplicate properties.  You can reset columns to default, then add them back one at a time to see which one is causing the problem.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

We have only duplicate IP's in the ePO with diferent Host names.

I this is related to DNS issue and not mcafee's ... is this correct ?

Alos please help me with SQL quere to deleted the Duplicate IP from Database.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Without looking at a client with duplicate ip's, there is no way to know cause.  Are both systems with same IP communicating properly to epo?  What is the last communication time?  You might not want to remove them if it is a legitimate system but failing to communicate.  As stated in first post, under that scenario, you would need to resolve the issue with the agent not communicating its most recent properties.  That is something you should open a ticket with McAfee so we can see logs.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community