Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Endpoints on Two Different Subnet

Jump to solution

My ePO is on two different subnets:

192.168.60.14/24

10.8.0.251/15

Most of my Endpoints are on the 10.8 subnet but a couple of them are on the 192.168 subnet.

I do not have a separated Agent Handler. On ePO the Agent Handler setting for Handler IP is 192.168.60.14. I'm able to deploy Agents just fine but Agents on 108 subnet has trouble communicate with ePO. Setting the Published IP Address on ePO to 10.8.0.251, but the agents on the 192.168 subnet has issue.

After setting and removing the Published IP Address now it seems that all Agents con communicate fine. I still wonder what would be the right way to configure this though...

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SBH
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Endpoints on Two Different Subnet

Jump to solution

Since ePO/agent handler is connected to both network it's a matter of which network agents use to communicate with ePO. I think instead of deploying agents to all end points at once a better way to do it is to set appropriate IP address on agent handler and only deploy agent to the same subnet. One subnet at a time would be the way to go I think.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

If all agents are communicating fine, I wouldn't change anything.  That seems to be a network routing issue where epo and the agents would have to be able to resolve and reach the different subnets.  Those type of configurations are network specific (environmental) and would vary from one company to another, so there really isn't a set configuration that we would recommend - it would be basically whatever works in your environment.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

SBH
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Since ePO/agent handler is connected to both network it's a matter of which network agents use to communicate with ePO. I think instead of deploying agents to all end points at once a better way to do it is to set appropriate IP address on agent handler and only deploy agent to the same subnet. One subnet at a time would be the way to go I think.

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community