cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Emailing BLANK scheduled reports...

To my knowledge, this issue is with all versions of ePO.

Use a report/query but tie that into a scheduled task (As as Server Task) which runs a query and then emails the results as a PDF. Issue is that this report rarely contains any records so the end user gets a blank report which isn't much help and leaves the way open for it to be ultimately ignored. This is probably a feature request, but why can't the task be configured so that if the returned record count is 0, then the report isn't sent? (or any number for that matter).

I have thought about using Automated responses and then putting a throttle in place for 1 day, but the report is going to a business user and as they are used to a pretty PDF report, changing that to a text email I feel looses the polished presentation that ePO can give out.

Anyone else had the same issue or found another way around it?

Cheers.

3 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Emailing BLANK scheduled reports...

I'm afraid ePO is just not designed to do that presently.

Please feel free to enter a feature request for this so it can be logged for consideration in a future release.

Rob.

Highlighted

Cheers for the heads up Rob, much appreciated. I'll go back and tell the business that ePO's reporting isn't as good as I said it was

<soapbox moment>

Although I understand the principals behind feature requests is to gauge the consensus for need to help prioritisation; surely the dev team also trawl these groups for ideas too?

Feels a bit unfair, being told no and then having to beg for it...

</soapbox moment>

Seriously though, I really do appreciate the prompt response.

Graham.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Well, to quote Douglas Adams: "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty " 

Apologies though, but the feature request really is the best way to get the information under their noses for next time.

Rob.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community