cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit exported xml policy schemas

May be a stupid question but does anyone know if you can export a schema from ePO, edit it usint notepad or similar and then import it back into ePO? Specifically for making long lists of exclusions with fewer mouse clicks...

Thanks

Mark

4 Replies

Re: Edit exported xml policy schemas

Hi Mark,

I have been trying to do the same thing with mass changes to scan exclusions for On Access scanning.  I would think that it is why the import/export ability exists, bulk changes and being able to share policies.

The only thing I have modified is one of the sections (Server_Default-Exclusions) and from what I can see, as long as you keep numbers incrementing without missing it won't complain.  The policy I have been playing with also has a total number of entries for the section which obviously needs to match up with the number of entries.

Highlighted
mjmurra
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Soapsandwich wrote:

Hi Mark,

I have been trying to do the same thing with mass changes to scan exclusions for On Access scanning.  I would think that it is why the import/export ability exists, bulk changes and being able to share policies.

The only thing I have modified is one of the sections (Server_Default-Exclusions) and from what I can see, as long as you keep numbers incrementing without missing it won't complain.  The policy I have been playing with also has a total number of entries for the section which obviously needs to match up with the number of entries.

I've seen people edit it and re-import etc ... and yes it does work.

But, as commented, I don't believe this is "recommended" behaviour, and it could cause issues if typos are made when editing etc...

You're right, you do need to be careful, but it sure beats the hell out of an hour of point and click..........

Thanks for the input! 

Mark

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community