cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPo Policies for ENS 10.5

Since testing a small rollout of ENS 10.5 clients and migrating policies from VSE 8.8 I have come a little stuck on what to do where an OU assigned policy houses workstations and servers.

Before in VSE 8.8 policies, each policy had a "for server/for worstation" option so one policy could be applied to and OU and you could configure seperate setting for each.

Now in ENS policies, there is no option for this.

So workstations and servers falling into the lost and found folders cannot have a seperate policy depending on its OS as far as i can see.

Anyone have any experience or advice on this ?

Thanks

6 Replies
Reliable Contributor Daniel_S
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: EPo Policies for ENS 10.5

Well so far you are correct.

But you could create two policies, one for ws and one for servers.

Afterwards you´ll want to create corresponding Policy Assignment rules that refer to maybe a TAG or part of your OS description or whatever you want to use as assignment criteria.

Best regards
Dan
Highlighted

Although the lack of separation btween Workstation and Server is definitely important, the area of ENS10.5 in terms of migration is the lack of Policy naming conventions.  What I have noticed is that when a VSE policy is migrated to ENS it is named migrated policy #  If there are numerous different policies you then are almost blind as to what the originatine VSE policy was.  this could be what is seen in terms of the Workstation and Server policies not being seperated. 

Reliable Contributor haaris
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Policy assignment rule based on tags is not working in ENS 10.5.3

In VSE we have different exclusions for workstation and for servers since we have an option for workstation and server but in ENS we dont have such option.So we creted two seperate policies for workstatinon and server and assign these policies on basis of tags(OS) with policy assignment rule.

But the problem is that we can see its applied to servers but its not applied to workstation.There is no issue with the tag and system is communicating properly with EPO server.

Is there is any way we can achieve seperate polices for workstation and servers.

Need help

Tags (1)
McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

The only way to accomplish that in ENS is to create separate policies, one for servers, one for workstations.  If the system tree has servers and workstations separated into groups, you can assign them that way.  Otherwise you can create policy assignment rules that apply it based on tag of either workstation or server.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Reliable Contributor haaris
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

I have assigned seperate policies for workstation and server on the basis of tag under policy assignment rule but its not working for workstations

McAfee Employee cdinet
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

how specifically are the rules set up and how are you determining they aren't getting changes?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator