cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EPo 4.5 and SCCM 2007

I've configuring EPo 4.5 on Windows Server 2008 R2. Everything is OK.

I installed SCCM 2007. Everything is OK too. But when I restarting Windows Server 2008 I have following administrative events after restarting (all events happen very closely):

Level - Error. Source - Apache Service (5 events):

The Apache service named  reported the following error:
>>> [Thu Apr 22 12:48:50 2010] [notice] Disabled use of AcceptEx() WinSock2 API     .

>>> (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.  : make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:443     .

>>> (OS 10013)An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.  : make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443     .

>>> no listening sockets available, shutting down     .

>>> Unable to open logs     .

Level - Error. Source - Service Control Manager (2 events):

The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Event Parser service depends on the McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service has returned a service-specific error code.

The McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 4.5.0 Server service terminated with service-specific error Incorrect function..

So, as a result, I can connect to ePO web interface but I cannot ping any client, deploy new agents, manually update security for clients and so on...

Can somebody help me?

8 Replies
McAfee Employee JoeBidgood
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 9

Re: EPo 4.5 and SCCM 2007

You can ignore the AcceptEx() messages - they are normal

The other message would imply that you already have another service listening on 443 on that machine - maybe IIS? - so the ePO server is not able to do so. You'll need to stop the conflicting service, so that ePO can start: if the other service is more important, you can then disable the agent-to-server secure communicaiton port in the Ports page of the Server Configuration window. Then restart the ePO services and it should not try and bind to 443 any more.

Regards -

Joe

I have disabled port 443 but after restarting situation is the same. Nothing has changed.

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 9

Okay, I've done a bit more digging and I was slightly wrong - luckily for us

Do you have any MA 4.5 clients? Also - what was conflicting? Was it IIS or another web server?

Thanks -

Joe

If you have SCCM in native mode then it will be listening on 443.

I would uninstall SCCM and hope that your ePO starts functioning again.

I wouldn't install both on the same server- you are just asking for trouble!

Both of mine are on separete machines. (ePO on VMWare)

McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 9

*slaps head*  I didn't realise it was SCCM itself that listens on 443 - thanks

Regards -

Joe

I wanted to use one SQL Server for both products on one Server...

My SCCM works in Mixed mode.

I think I need to reinstall EPo on another server

Ideally, I would have dedicated servers for each. They are complex products and as you have seen, can cause problems when loaded together.

If you really need to use the SQL for both DBs,  you could possibly setup ePO to use the remote DB (SCCM should have its DB on the same server).

I'm sure i've seen this mentioned. Check out the install guides and KB for some info

Good luck

Jane

Another one decision is to change "Agent-to-server communication secure port" from 443 to other unusing port https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66929

More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community