cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crevi
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

EPo 4.5- Need to import a list of machines(already in epo) for Product deployment

I have list of machines that I want to bulk serch and tag in ePO. for a HIPS deployment.

No query will return the results I am looking for, the machine list started as a query result but has since been cut in half through other means.

Does anyone have a good was for searching for a list of machines which I can then either TAG or move into a group ?

Platinum support was of no help.

Searching for each machine name one by one  650 times can't be my only option.

Thanks

4 Replies

Re: EPo 4.5- Need to import a list of machines(already in epo) for Product deployment

I was able to tag a group of machines imported from a txt file.

Server Tasks - new task, Actions is "Load Systems by File" file location needs to be local to epo server,

such as \\eposerver\c$\tagaddgroup.txt

create sub actions, 1 for apply tag, and maybe 1 for an agent wakeup if desired.

In doing this, it didn't impact our system tree sorting, etc... but still worth testing to verify.

Good Luck.  i have the task disabled and just run it manually when i need.

Jon

ken503
Level 8
Message 3 of 5

Re: EPo 4.5- Need to import a list of machines(already in epo) for Product deployment

I just used the Import from file/Tag method myself and it saved me HOURS of work. Thank you!

tonyb99
Level 13
Message 4 of 5

assuming you use unique machine names then you can just run import the text list without pushing agent to a temp folder and run query for duplicates, then tag them and delete the imported ones

Highlighted
crevi
Level 8
Message 5 of 5

I hd tried the import list before without applying a tag & all I got was a new list of machines that didn't show up when I searched for dupes.

This time, I imported the list with an "Apply Tag" option and it tagged the actual machines already in ePO.

This just saved me hours of doing this manually.

Thanks

P.S. You would think platinum support would know this.

Message was edited by: crevi on 4/6/10 7:29:59 AM CDT

Message was edited by: crevi on 4/6/10 7:30:45 AM CDT
More McAfee Tools to Help You

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community