cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPOAgent - error: can't access path c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\mcafee\common framework\framework

Jump to solution

Upon attempting to install the EPOAgent on a machine I receive the following error message:

EPOAgent - error:  can't access path c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\mcafee\common framework\framework

What does this mean and how can I get around it?  Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: EPOAgent - error: can't access path c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\mcafee\common framework\framework

Jump to solution

This looks like the infamous frameworkmanifest.xml error.

If you have VSE installed, ensure that Access Protection is disabled.  Then browse down the path you posted and delete the frameworkmanifest.xml file and then reinstall the agent like normal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

6 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: EPOAgent - error: can't access path c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\mcafee\common framework\framework

Jump to solution

Hi...

Can you post the frminst log and the agent install msi log? I'll have a look...

Thanks -

Joe

Jump to solution

Where would I find these?  Would they be on the machine on which the client is installed?  If not, I do not have access to these files...

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Yep, they would be on the client machine - usually under the temp folder of the user used to run the agent install. If you don't have access to those logs then troubleshooting this is going to be impossible

Regards -

Joe

Jump to solution

This looks like the infamous frameworkmanifest.xml error.

If you have VSE installed, ensure that Access Protection is disabled.  Then browse down the path you posted and delete the frameworkmanifest.xml file and then reinstall the agent like normal.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark

Jump to solution

This did the trick--THANKS!!!

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome.  Glad I could help.

Regards,

Mark