cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

RE: EPO4 - Master/Distrubited repositories

I'm at work and imageshack is blocked happy but based on what you say.

The issue is with replication, not updating. My bad.
When replication occurs from A > B then the line is flooded....

Have you checked that replication is setup as incremental?
If using ePO4, select Automation, then your replication task. under Actions, you can choose incremental to all or some distributed repositories.

I've got mine set to incremental (and has been for years). The only thing that causes it any stress is when I install a new piece of major software - otherwise it tends to be just the DATS replicating....
If you have full replication every time that thats a lot of data to copy every time...

The only other thing I think it might be if you are going to all repositories and you had lots of them - then the line out from your ePO Server could get congested.

Sorry my apologies - my misunderstanding - you are of course correct - all you can manage then is to minimise the traffic to the repositories by using incremental replications and selective product replication if you're running ePO 3.6 or higher....

Jim
gmc_za
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 14

I'm using incremental updates. With the latest pattern files your looking at over 100mb in replication - and thats with incremental replication.

From what I've seen the only option would be to put EPO servers at the major node and set those up to update from a master repository and then distrib to the SA's. Seems like a real mission just to do that though.

I've opened up a FMR with McAfee - lets hope they listen.

Should be interesting to see the response - the growing size of the updates in general has been a concern for some time now.

Please keep us updated on any feedback/progress you make.

I presume that you have multiple replication tasks on the ePO server with "staggered" start times to each Branch Repository to reduce the bandwidth contention ?

Jim
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.