Firstly, Thank you for reaching out to us. As much as we would like to setup a remote session at your convenience to assist you, I am afraid that in Community forums, we may not be able to do so.
If you are looking for remote sessions and to set up a call from from a McAfee Technical Support Engineers, the best method is to reach out t us by creating a Service Request with us.
Our apologies for any inconvenience. Sincerely hope this helps you to reach out to Technical Support via the right channel.
Here is a good place to start with if you are looking for documentation (ePO 5.9.0).
The best thing would be to open a Service Request with Technical Support.
However, You can go to the system tree >Group details and click on the edit for the ad synch and all the machine will come to the system tree. That will come under Synchronization Type:Edit.For your reference we have attached few screenshots.Also please check the below mentioned steps:
Please refer the below points and do let us know :
1. Create a group in AD or redirect the existing group from AD for the users to login to ePO console.
2. Create a permission set & enable at least one permissions [Ex: new permission set as: rgc]
3. Edit the rgc permission set & redirect the user group for users to allow login to EPO.
4. Enable the “””Allow Active Directory users to log on if they have at least one permission set””””” [By default options is: NO] from Server settings page.
5. If you have multiple domains & need users to login from different domain, check with customer 2 way trust relationship enabled between domains.
From ePO Rename Winauth.dll to Winauth.bak. this file is found in C:\Program Files\McAfee\ePolicy Orchestrator\Server\bin.
6. If the ePO belongs to same domain, ignore the step 5.
7. To login type domain name\user name with password [Ex: abc.local\viv ]
8. The user will be created dynamically under users page with same format: [Ex: abc.local\viv]
9. For better results, configure the registered server with domain name & NOT with server name.
10. General mistake, we will create a new OU, but we have to create new group from AD & add the users to that group.
11. For any Errors, check the orion.log with the time stamp by the time of issue re-produced.
HINT: If the option 4 is not enabled from server settings & try to login with windows user, you will get error from EPO console as: “”””You have provided invalid credentials’’’’’’’’’’
For more information about AD auto user creation, go through the ePO product guide with page # 41 onwards, Section: Configuring Active Directory user logon.
Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a soultion" if this reply resolves your query!
Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center
2821 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
Consumer Support | Enterprise Support | McAfee.com
Legal | Privacy | Copyright © 2019 McAfee, LLC